Rightwing Polish politician angry at elephant’s gay tendencies

1. WTF? Not satisfied with interfering with gay humans, they want to censor the gay elephants now?
    Let him be, zoos are supposed to be educational… perhaps kids might learn that it’s quite possible to have a gay elephant, just as you get gay dolphins, gay swans, gay penguins etc. I just hope he gets provided with a gay playmate for his enclosure or he’s going to be one frustrated pachyderm.

2. PCG, Germany 23 Apr 2009, 5:09pm

Why not introducing the member of Poland’s Law and Justice party to a Gay Crocodile, he may well make a good meal for the croc.

3. Bud Burgoon-Clark 23 Apr 2009, 5:19pm

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard since the rumor that Pope John-Paul II was going to re-do the floor of the Sistine Chapel with Polish linoleum!

4. Simon Murphy 23 Apr 2009, 5:23pm

Bad elephant. How dare he reject the teaching of Jesus.

This story is hilarious and will do more to damage their nasty cause than help it.

5. Stupidity knows no barriers – and again the Law and Justice party makes a laughing stock of Poland. I wonder how much longer the Polish people will endure the Law and Justice Party and their homophobic president. Polish politics is either the worse or the best, TV reality show there is.
    This is really funny.

6. I really do feel sorry for the Poles who generally are such lovely people when they have such nasty morons representing Poland. Another plain reason why religion should be kept firmly away from anything important.

7. They paid for an elephant because they wanted it to breed, homophobic undertones or not, I do agree with the man, he has wasted his money on a gay elephant :/

8. Keith SIMPSON 24 Apr 2009, 7:36am

I LIVED AND WORKED IN POLAND FOR MANY YEARS.

MANY POLES ARE DEEPLY EMBARRASSED BY THE UTTERANCES OF THEIR REPRESENTATIVES, ESPECIALLY, LATTERLY, OF THE KACZYNSKI TWINS.
    THERE SEEMS TO BE A CATHOLIC CHURCH RISING UP, SHIP-LIKE, EVERY 100 YARDS OR SO AND THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME; THEY ALL LOOK TO HAVE HAD THE SAME ARCHITECT, TOO.
    POLAND IS A HUGE COUNTRY AND THESE BLOODY GREAT ‘TITANICS’ REAR UP ON THE SKY-LINE; EVEN IN RURAL AREAS WHERE YOU WOULD NOT SUSPECT THERE TO BE MORE THAN A HUNDRED OR SO PEOPLE, THERE ARE TWO OF THESE WHACKING GREAT EDIFICES.
    LOVELY COUNTRY; LOVELY PEOPLE; LOVELY FOOD! BUT MY! HAS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH GOT A FOOTHOLD..!
    I REMEMBER ON A LONG CAR JOURNEY FROM LUBLIN IN THE SOUTH-EAST TO POZNAN ON THE GERMAN BORDER FAR OVER ON THE WEST OF POLAND, REMARKING EVERY FEW YARDS (AND VERY SARCASTICALLY,) “MY! A CHURCH! WOW!! WHAT A SURPRISE!! OOH, LOOK ANOTHER CHURCH! NOW THERE’S A NOVELTY!” – A HUNDRED YARDS OR SO FURTHER ON. MY DRIVER THOUGHT I WAS STRANGE AND ASKED WHAT WAS SO INTERESTING ABOUT THE CHURCHES. I REPLIED THAT AS A MEMBER OF AN ‘ALTERNATIVE’ (VERY ALTERNATIVE HOMOSEXUALITY, INNIT??!!) RELIGION, I FOUND IT SO. “I AM ENGLISH” -I SAID, “AND WE ARE A BIT STRANGE, YOU KNOW, YOU ARE RIGHT, WE ARE VERY STRANGE!”
    I DID NOT WANT TO EXPLAIN TO HIM THE ‘INS’ AND ‘OUTS’ OF ENGLISH SARCASM/HUMOUR; MY POLISH WOULD NOT HAVE EXTENDED TO IT, ANYWAY.
    THERE IS ALSO A RADIO PROGRAMME CALLED ‘RADIO MARIJA’ (RADIO MARY); PRIEST RUN; VERY FUNDAMENTALIST CATHOLIC; A SOURCE OF DEEP EMBARRASSMENT TO MANY BUT THERE IS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN TOO, TO MANY FOLLOWERS.

KEITH.
    SALFORD

9. Keith SIMPSON 24 Apr 2009, 9:31am

…oh and this is the same country where one speaker of the ‘SEJM’ the Polish Parliament, was howled down for suggesting that the TELETUBBIES (yep the TELETUBBIES! for f–k’s sake..!!) were a bad example to children since one of the characters, maybe La-La, maybe Po, anyway the one with the handbag, could be …yep you’ve guessed it…GAY…!
    Europe?
    European Union..?
    YOU COULDN’T MAKE IT UP..!
    KEITH.
    SALFORD.

10. Keith – You mean Tinky winky!

11. Simon Murphy 24 Apr 2009, 11:22am

A very positive element of the mass emigration of Poles to western Europe over the past few years is that at least Polish youth are seeing an alternative to the deranged, catholic lunacy of their elected representatives. Many young Poles are returning to Poland at present with better attitudes than when they left. And now that John Paul 2 is dead hopefully the personal interest in the catholic cult will fade.

12. Is Elephant IVF possible?

Keith – that is true. Young Poles are embarrassed about their politicians comments, it is the older generation or the “Mo-Hair Berets” who keep the Law & Justice party in power…

13. furthermore,

a friend of a friend, is the cleaner to the brother of the president of Poland, Jarosław Kaczyński. She tells me that he is gay – 100%.

No better woman to reveal the truth then the cleaner to the former prime minister.

Seymour Skinner 2, maybe?

14. jonnielondon 24 Apr 2009, 12:46pm

Getting angry at a creature for being gay is like getting angry at the moon; it’s there, it’s natural, it’s not going away. We need to learn to accept certain realities. It’s that simple!

15. Paulo Nunes 24 Apr 2009, 1:33pm

I used to have a neighbor a long time ago back in my hometown who coincidentally had a gay dog. The slutty b*tch was a dirty-nasty-wild-humping-male-guests’-legs doggie. He passed me the virus, now I’m pretty sore of it, anyhoo I think they should increase the age of consent for elephants

:sarcasm:

16. Keith SIMPSON 24 Apr 2009, 1:39pm

FLAPJACK..!

I AM/WAS ‘TINKY-WINKY’ SOMEWHERE…BUT JEEPS…DON’T ASK ME WHERE I AM LISTED UNDER THAT NAME.
    I HAD A YAHOO ADDRESS BUT I NEVER USE IT…IS IT UNDER THAT…?
    IT MUST ALL BE LINKED UP SOMEWHERE, EH..?

CHILLING INNIT, MODERN LIFE..?!
    ORWELL AND ALL THAT..!
    HAHAHA..!

I WAS SURPRISED THE OTHER DAY TO GET AN E-MAIL FROM THE BIZZIES TO SAY THAT I NEEDED PERMISSION IF WAS INTENDING TO PROTEST AT THIS NICOLOSI ‘DEE-BACKLE’…BECAUSE IT IS IN AN AREA OF LONDON WHERE SUCH PERMISSIONS ARE REQUIRED UNDER SECTION DOIN’S, OF SUBSECTION THINGY, PARAGRAPH WOTSIT AND MUST BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO PROTESTING…AND BLA BLA TEE TEE BLA…

I CAN’T BE BOTHERED AND CERTAINLY NOT LONDON; AWFUL PLACE.

I HAD NEVER CONTACTED THE BIZZIES BUT THE ‘EMMANUEL CENTRE’ MUST HAVE FORWARDED MY (ALL OUR) TEMPLATE LETTER(S) TO THEM IN THEIR EFFORTS TO ‘DISCOURAGE’ PROTEST.

ANYWAY THANKS FOR TAKING ME DOWN MEMORY LANE ABOUT ‘TINKY’ WOTSIT..
    I’M GETTING ON NOW AND IT TAKES ME ALL MY TIME TO GET TO SAINSBURY’s.
    LONDON IS A NO-NO.
    GETTING DOWNSTAIRS HAS ITS CHALLENGES ACTUALLY, COME TO THINK.

I HAVE RANTED AND RAVED ABOUT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH AND ALL THE LOONIES I HAVE MET OVER THE LAST – ALMOST – 50 YEARS, JUST LIKE THIS NUMPTY, NICOLOSI, STRETCHING RIGHT BACK TO MY CATHOLIC PRIESTHOOD SEMINARY DAYS IN THE 50’s.
    ALL TRYING TO MAKE A NAME FOR THEMSELVES; THEIR 15 MINUTES.
    THE PRIEST SUPERIOR AT THE SEMINARY TOLD ME I WAS ILL AND COULD BE ‘HELPED??’ BY ELECTRIC TREATMENT AND BLABLABLABLA AND THEN USHERED ME OUT THE DOOR…THAT WAS THE EARLY 1960’s WHEN MOST OF THE OTHER CORRESPONDENTS ON THESE ‘PINK NEWS’ PAGES, I WOULD THINK, WERE STILL WAITING TO ‘GET ON STAGE’.
    SO NOWT CHANGES AND NEVER WILL.
    WE MUST JUST HOPE THAT IT WILL EVENTUALLY BE ‘PROVED’ TO BE IN THE GENES AND WE MUST ‘PROTEST’ CEASELESSLY.

KEITH ‘TINKYWINKY’ SIMPSON.
    SALFORD.

17. Keith SIMPSON 24 Apr 2009, 1:47pm

JOHNNIELONDON….
    AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDED….

“Or my blue eyes…or his black skin and ‘just look at that disgusting’… orange hair”

You say it exactly as it is; we are all just people.

These secondary attributes make us what we are and as you say are not going away.
    Legislate for the tides not to come in; you’d have more success.
    Bleedin’ well deal with it, eh…?
    KEITH
    SALFORD.

18. Har Davids 24 Apr 2009, 2:01pm

There’s a conference in London right now, dedicated to the ‘cure’ of gayness. Too bad it’s mostly faith-based, or they could have a go at curing this funny beast. Poland being a very RC-country, they can have prayer-marathons to see if that works.

19. Brian Burton 24 Apr 2009, 3:00pm

I thought Poland routed out all nazi sympothizers after WW2? They must have over-looked Michal Gizes!

20. Not only is the politician’s rambling ridiculously misplaced, but it’s actually irrelevant. A bull elephant – gay or straight – can father children via in-vitro fertilization. Meanwhile, he can have all the male company he pleases until his dying day.

21. He’s not even sexually mature yet! Half the teenage boys I know wouldn’t so much as look a girl in the eyes. He’s just a teenage elephant, give him some time to work this through ;)

22. Look carefully at these homophobes their crotch when they watch the elephant. you’ll prob see another trunk growing, they will start squirming, etc

So funny. Maybe the gay elephant will come, grab them in their crotch with his trunk and give them a quick trans-sexual makeover.

23. Poland routed out the nazi sympathizers? Well, sorry they didn’t And the moderately progressive ‘good Pope died a few years ago. But you are close – the problem was that the Nirenberg trials were rather incomplete.

24. Bishop Ioan 25 Apr 2009, 4:38pm

This politician is a sad, unbalanced individual. The elephant appears to be gay. GET OVER IT! As mentioned above, fertilisation can be done via IVF. Honestl, if a gay elephant is the worst thing Poland has to deal with, this person should thank the fates.

Getting all upset over a gay elephant…now I may have heard it all.

25. They obviously want to be the laughing stock of Europe . . . sadly the Tinky Winky gate scandal a few years ago confirmed that they already were.

26. Well we have had the story of the Gay monkey’s, the gay penguins and the gay dolphins so why not an elephant? So lets fill the Polish zoo full of Gay Animals and give the silly politicians seizures!!

27. Mike . . . Genius . . . lets send them an Ark full of Queer animals

28. Why do we put up with the same arguments?
    im talking about the most common two arguments:
    “being gay is unnatural” and “people would die out if everyone was gay”

if being gay is unnatural why do we have gay animals?
    and why would we die out if everyone was bi/gay?
    surely people would still get each other pregnant like some do now, people will still put their kids up for adoption, people would still have kids for their friends to raise

They need a new argument, you cant recruit people to be gay!
    If we could i’d have made an army years ago to hunt down these biggots

29. Tigra, quite right. Actually, I think this could help with the overpopulation of humans in some countries. Gay people adopting unwanted children and whatnot.

And yes, people would not die out. We notice if other species are dying out, and many people step up to bring their numbers back up. How the heck are we not going to notice our own species dying out and not even do anything about it?

A possibly gay elephant. Seriously? Are you kidding me? “Gay tendencies”? I don’t care if he’s walkin’ around in glittered-out elephant stilettos, some sparkly eyelashes and has to put coconuts in his bikini top and tuck himself back in his bikini bottom. I wouldn’t care if he was playing with little barbie dolls or puckering his lips in disgust. I don’t care if he has a gay lisp when blowing out of his trunk. I have no problems with homosexuality.

30. Perhaps this elephant needs to visit a Catholic Church to be told whats right and wrong.

How dare the słoń have gay tendancies!