Bishop of Rochester to resign

1. Excellent – homophobia will out. I wish him well in his new job. I hope Islam extends to him the same hand of friendship it traditionally extends to Christians in its midst. (^_^)

2. What good news! Good riddance to the bigot!

3. Yes, good riddance! That’s one of them gone! Let’s hope he has fun in his new job, he might find a lot in common between his own views and those of many hard-line Muslims.

4. Whoo hoo see ya bye! and nice to see Melanie Phillips get her knickers in such a knot about it. I’ve had enough foot stamping and bottom lip quivering from this bishop.

5. Simon Murphy 30 Mar 2009, 3:32pm

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    The muslim bigots he will be working alongside will offer him sever rivalry in his intolerance.

6. Bud Burgoon-Clark 30 Mar 2009, 4:19pm

I find his version of konservative kristianist kultism (KKK for short) to be unbiblical and unworkable.

7. It is interesting that David refers to Melanie Phillips. I cannot see why she is so concerned with Christianity as she is a Jewess and a Zionist.

8. Mihangel apYrs 30 Mar 2009, 9:08pm

fundies make common cause with their bitterest enemies when it comes to a mutual hate group. In this case it’s mainly us.

9. GOOD!!!!!!!

10. jonnielondon 31 Mar 2009, 3:50pm

Just goes to show that even someone who holds a doctorate can be pretty stupid!

11. Bud Burgoon-Clark 31 Mar 2009, 4:56pm

I doubt it’s an EARNED doctorate … here in the US, at least, the bishop’s college or seminary gives him / her an honorary D.D. when they’re elected / consecrated.

12. Bishop Ioan 31 Mar 2009, 6:10pm

Good riddance. Let’s see how much tolerance HE receives. The man is an embarrassment to the Anglican Church.

13. His education seemed to do nothing for him. What a silly man he must be.

I say bye and dont bother coming back. Its disgraceful he calls himself a christian.

14. Brian Burton 1 Apr 2009, 5:01pm

I was in Rochester some while ago and felt a shiver down my spine when I passed the Cathedral!