Man avoids jail for homophobic threats

1. Find out the mans address and do it to him.

2. So far as I can tell about him, he’s a Swalec regional sales manager, from Caer Gwerlas, Tonyrefail.
    Not that I would suggest anybody acting on this information, of course :-)

3. Jeff Duncan 13 Mar 2009, 3:06pm

What a s–t sentence – this judge is a moron!
    If anyone broke my door down and threatend me – I should think i would justified in killing them.

4. Jeff Duncan 13 Mar 2009, 3:07pm

How about a boycott of Swalec products!?

5. Solicitors make me angry. As for the judge – he should have given him a supervision req so Probation can work on his pathetic attitudes!! IDEA how about we complain about the judge?!!

6. Pete & Michael 13 Mar 2009, 3:42pm

How is it that no-one in authority will mention the ‘h’word?

7. A drunken psycho breaks into someone’s house threatening murder and shouting ‘faggots’ and ‘it’s not homophobic abuse’. And he doesn’t go to the clanger. What a bloody joke. I don’t believe in taking the law into your own hands, but this sort of travesty of justice encourages lynch-law.

8. Many ask why members of the LGBT community fail to report hate crime – one reason is because we have no faith in the judiciary and here is a good example.

Lee – http://www.gayhate.com

9. Har Davids 13 Mar 2009, 4:42pm

Alcohol, fear of gays: there’s going to be an interesting list of excuses for people who threaten or harm gays in any way. Too bad they didn’t hit the guy a bit harder with the hockey stick.

10. …..Nathan Dally shouted: “I’m going to kill you, you faggots” as he kicked down the door of Daniel Smith and Gary Samuel’s house in Rhondda, south Wales, as they slept.

…..Chris Howells, defending, said: “This is an offence that wasn’t motivated by homophobia”.

Eh? Run that past me again…..

11. Let us imagine how the judge would have reacted if a gay man had broken down the door of a local heterosexual Christian or Muslim couple or his home has been invaded by someone shouting “I hate judges…”: He would have been sent down. As usual the Judiciary back the offender against his victim.

12. Edward in Los Angeles 14 Mar 2009, 12:05am

I agree completely with the last comment.

13. Simon Murphy 14 Mar 2009, 3:29am

Hmm mixed feelings on this story. At the end of the day the attacker seems to be a self hating closeted gay man (after all men who are accepting of their own sexuality have no issue with gay men) who in a drunken rage tried to attack a gay couple. While the incident must have caused major distress to the couple in question no-one was harmed. I think we should try to be a little understanding. being a self hating closet case is difficult.

14. While it IS actually possible one or other of the gay guys MAY have had some issue with this anon “friend” and these days it takes little bar some alcohol for people to take it upon themselves to be violent on behalf of “someone else” it is just as likely to be a total excuse to have a go at the local gay guys. How did this dipshit get to be a regional manager anyway? The guy has major issues and I’d suggest he is possibly more in conflict with himself to go and do something like this. Then again, he might just be a standard dipshit. I’d be interested to see if he keeps his job.

15. Abi Chrisopher 14 Mar 2009, 7:59am

Judge David Wyn Morgan told Dally: “It is one thing to shout outside someone’s house and it is another to smash the door down.”

I take it he would of walked if he had not put the door in! Now if that was a mosque he would of done time for insightment to racial hatred without even kicking the door down. Time for proper LGBT hate crime laws that match the ones that cover race.

16. I’m not in favour of condemning him in justice to prison firstly for homophobia (even if I’m gay). Prison may keep this man more and more against homosexuality, saying society is against him, led by homosexuals and he’s the victim of the gay system, considering his hate is more founded than ever before. As most of similar cases, those kind of people don’t know the genuine reality of homosexuality. You no longer kill someone for his political or religious beliefs, his colour of skin or whatsoever. Why gays then ?

I guess that those kind of man just don’t know what is homosexuality all about. He should be condemned to work in a gay association or venue (or whatsoever). And I’m sure he may build his own moral condemnation (if he is not too stupid, obviously), considering for a while how he could accepted to remain so ignorant and behaving so foolishly upon matters he only knew about words of mouth and that his own imagination rose excessively.

17. someone make a facebook group and petition at 10 gov. to sort this out it will work facebook is their to help!!!!!

18. bet if he done that to a catholic he would have been sent right to prison the judge is a arshole

19. Chris Lowry 16 Mar 2009, 5:26pm

Seems like the British justice systm letting us down again – i cant help but think about the shcoking news to to convict the man involved in the Michael Causer case in Liverpool – the evidence was compelling and he got off!

20. Chris Lowry 16 Mar 2009, 5:27pm

sorry that was not to convict the man!

21. As usual another drunk idiot. Always ashamed. Let off the hook. How many times have we heard this line of shit. The Judge could use some education also. But the offender and all the idiots on his side use the correct language and get away with it. Sure makes me wonder about how equal things really are.

22. gary samuel and daniel smith 31 Mar 2010, 10:34pm

thank you for all of your comments, didnt know that the story got into pink news, we are ok now and havent had any trouble since this has happened, once again thanks for your comments