Family Guy provokes anger over gay orgy scene

1. Simon Murphy 12 Mar 2009, 3:53pm

Fantastic response from the makers of Family Guy.

2. It’s an adult cartoon so what is their problem?!! PS I love Family Guy!

3. I think they completely missed the point of the opening theme song… “It seems today that all you see, is violence on movies and sex on TV, But where are those good ol’ fashioned values, on which we used to rely…” etc.
    I think they took it at face value and missed the irony bit. Perhaps it needs a big red triangle with the words “IRONY WARNING” to tip them off.

4. Ooh, brilliant! Can’t wait for BBC Three to screen it. :-)

5. paul canning 12 Mar 2009, 5:33pm

the show tinyurl.com/bfhahc

6. This is such a non-issue. I watched this episode after reading this reported in the Advocate and, by Family Guy standards, I thought this was quite a mild episode. These people (complaining) should get out of the house more and find some better way to use all the spare time they must have on their hands.

7. Has anyone got the horse’s telephone number?

8. Brilliant, thanks, Paul.

9. Mihangel apYrs 12 Mar 2009, 8:54pm

Watched it (thanks Paul Canning). EVERYTHING was suggested except for the horse licking his bum cheek, nothing seen, all sounds off. The intro to the “straight camp” was spot on though- fundoes hate us more than murderers!!

10. Oh fantastic. Anything that pisses off the self righteous, self serving, gay hating Christian lobby is fine and dandy by me

11. Actually this episode was very offensive, but it was incredibly funny. I don’t think for a second that it was intended to be derogatory to gays or anyone else. However, if it pissed off the religious people then let’s have more episodes just like it.

12. Andrew Emmerson 13 Mar 2009, 2:52am

As a gay man, i laughed it off. It was a nice parody of some aspects of gay culture.

Stewie eating horse sperm, also played off the idea of internalised homophobia, and a continuing joke of stewie possibly being a homosexual.

The horse was a take on dogs licking their owners face

And a 11 Way orgy? Was that just offensive because it was gay? Probably

(For anyone who’s watched the episode) Funniest family guy episode ever? GUUUUUILLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYY

13. Colm Howard-Lloyd 13 Mar 2009, 10:58am

You mean The Advocate (), not WBRZ News 2 Louisiana () I suspect.

14. Colm Howard-Lloyd 13 Mar 2009, 10:59am

Something went wrong there:

You mean The Advocate (www.advocate.com), not WBRZ News 2 Louisiana (www.theadvocate.com) I suspect.

15. so gay men have orgys! and people have sex with animals. both actuly happen BUT A TALKING DOG! WHO HAD SEX WITH WOMEN! and no one complains! HELLO WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE!

16. hey I have to say I’m gay ..and I think it was the funiest one ever Ive seen….and by the way streight ppl have orgy and go to sex club too!…what ppl do in private is there own bussiness..and if you dont like the show, dont watch it… Keep making us laugh McFarlen….

17. The probloem with american TV, living in America I know, is that they don’t seem to have a watershed. I have seen the most inappropriate TV on at all times of the day. They may be prudish in their TV in many ways but there is enough cringe worthy, sex filled TV to make you blush. If the family man was on after 10pm then who cares. If it was on early evening then it is inappropriate as young children can watch it.

18. As a Brit living in the USA I think TV here is mostly demented. Ad’s are every five minutes, and an endless stream of medical products, all based on generating fear of disease. The ads for errectile problems are really funny, apparently if you have a hard on that lasts for more than four hours call a doctor! Family Guy is really funny, however, Christian’s don’t have a sense of humour do they? So have you heard the joke about the Jewish guy who, loved his mother, never married a nice Jewish girl or even dated already, and at thirty three was hanging around with thirteen men, no girlfriends either, got into trouble, was killed to death and three days later jumped up out of his grave and whoshed up into the sky? No, not laughing yet? Yeh I agree not that funny is it? So have you heard the one about Ted Swaggart?

19. john sharp 13 Mar 2009, 3:46pm

the religious lies are far more damaging
    than for kids to see the truth .
    yes we have sex hots of it

20. remember this is an adult cartoon. the content is always risky but does cover real life issues. if you dont like it change channels im sure theres something on to suit all tastes

21. That was just bloody brilliant! Amazingly funny. I now so can’t wait to see the next season, thanks The Parents Television Council…. I was looking forward to it as much before you told me how brilliant it was,

22. Stewie: “CUT MY MILK!!”

23. Christians shouldn’t be up at that time watching naughty programs then should they? They should be tucked away praying and knitting for the community.

24. Brian Burton 15 Mar 2009, 4:48pm

I say! No sex please, we’re British.

25. Chloe Johnson 16 Mar 2009, 3:05pm

As a Christian I have to say that, no i don’t knit… HAHA!! it’s just weird… lol. And that if “Christian” parents are doing their job to “protect” (as they firmly believe they are) their children, then they should exercise their authority to tell their kids not to watch the show (like many other of the comments said). The beauty of America is that there are shows like this and there’s TBN. I’m a 17 year old girl (I’ll be 18 in 3 days), and although i don’t watch it and will not allow my future children to watch it, other Americans (and Brits!)have the freedom to do so regardless of how offensive I may or may not find it. ya dig?

26. Kyle-Florida 18 Mar 2009, 2:44pm

Enough of the anti-American b/s from those of you who are using this as a way to express your hate of the USA. Grow up.

Proud to be a gay American. And I love Family Guy, a great AMERICAN TV show.