Republican politician partially apologises for comparing gays to murderers

1. One thing for sure is that he is not at all sorry about any aspect of his statement. Scott Renfroe is typical of a certain section of the Senate, without exception Republican and seriously limited in the reasoning department of their brains. In case the message is muted THEY HATE GAYS no matter what, no matter who, they hate gays. The sooner they are voted out of the lawmaking process in the Senate the better.

2. Your statement has several flaws Donald. Considering that the bible is not God’s word it therefore makes itself invalid. The bible was written and put together by men and men only. I should also mention that many people do not believe in God so they don’t give a damn to what God supposedly says. I could go on forever about how flawed mainstream christianity is and the corruption and lies in the bible.

3. Donald, I won’t have to pay the price for not believing what God has written as I am certain that God does not exist.

Senator Renfroe “I probably could have been more eloquent.” No, I seriously doubt you could. I am not sure you have the mental capacity as you have failed to display an powers of logical or rational thought.

4. This Scott Renfroe chap is ignoring the fact that we left the dark ages behind!

Religion is such a wonderful vehicle for justifing hate.

5. We’re still in a dark age.

6. GetItRight 27 Feb 2009, 7:53pm

I have to love how the moral majority uses the natural order (nature) of things. The natural order of nature is the fittest should survive. So I guess what they mean is that the handicapped, elderly, disabled and people with chronic illness should be eradicated. I mean we are talking about the natural order of things. Funny, it seems to remind me of someone in Germany. I forget the name but he also claimed something about the natural order of things and the race that should be supreme.

7. Wim from the Netherlands 28 Feb 2009, 12:11am

Dear Donald, do you know why in the lawbook Leviticus these texts were written down ? Because indeed at that time straight men were lying down with straight men, unembarrassed, having wives and children at home. The Bible tells us, you surely can tell where, that the whole male population of a town is gathering around a house and demands to can have sex with two handsome guests. The sex-actions these men have in mind have nothing to do with love and tenderness. Because of continual misconducts by those straight men, dear Donald, Leviticus tells that God is not pleased about it. There is never a word about gay people and true gay love. Churches misuse these texts again and again to hit gay people. And your quote, dear Donald, in case of gay love is an offence too. Sorry for my abominable use of your language, you yourself can express with such a marvelous subtlety. For your ears it wil be to rude. I am sorry.

8. Donald Spitz,

They say the mark of true madness is that the victim is the last to recognise it…

Is your relationship with God healthy, “Christian”?

9. @Rev Spitz: Have you heard of context? Men used to rape other men to show their superiority over those men. Women were considered inferior and an association arose between penetration and inferiority. God was stopping male rape. Unfortunately, because of the barbarians He had to work with, He still had a long uphill struggle to fight for equal rights for women. God does whatever He can with what we give Him, but He still pushes us incredibly far and hard. You do not seem to like being pushed by God. Would you like other people to deny you medical care, housing or a job? Would you like people to lie about you and say you are a paedophile, a murderer, a destroyer of families or that you are incapable of love? “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. Would you like it if people pushed you to suicide or if people drove you away from God? Would you like it if people murdered you or hurt you just because you are alive? “Do not bear false witness against your neighbour”. Why do you support the lies? “Do not use the name of your Lord God in vain”. Why are you casually throwing around God’s name in defence of evil? Do you enjoy seeing your efforts destroying the church? “Do not declare unclean what God has declared clean”. Why are you so determined to create and maintain a new class of “unclean” people? “You teach men’s laws as though they are God’s”. Why do you not listen to what God has said, from Genesis to Revelation about Who He is? “As you sow, so shall you reap”. You are sowing hatred and you have reaped it from a lot of GLBT and thinking, caring heterosexual people. You have sowed violence and you will reap this in the form of riots, murder and physical attacks. The first victims were GLBT people but the tide of violence has started to turn. Why do you want such violence against anyone? “Love your neighbour as you love yourself”. Would you do to yourself what you are doing to GLBT people? You believe GLBT people are evil. So then, why do you not heed Jesus’ words: “Love your enemy, bless those who curse you, do good to those who persecute you…for your heavenly Father makes it to rain on good and evil alike.” Would you deny convicted criminals food, shelter, water, medical care, the right to love someone, the right to be happy? If you would not, then why would you deny GLBT people these things, when they have not committed murder, when they have not stolen or raped, when they have not been corrupt and when they have done nothing to hurt anyone but rather have often helped others, including their enemies, even though many of them have rejected God because of those same enemies? Reverend, you do not know God; you know the “law” only. “You search the scriptures for in them you think you will find eternal life, and these same writings testify of me”. Reverend, Jesus Christ is not two words on paper; He is not a religion. He is the living God who will use your own words and the very scriptures you claim to hold dear against you.

10. Stick it where the sun don’t shine, Don, you know it makes sense.

11. Spitz – Like anybody here is just going to turn around and say “you know what? You’re absolutely right and I’m going to defy my own sexual identity in order to appease the hate speech of some cretinous monk who cares deeply about what I do with my bits!”
    Leave it to Westbro, mate. Or join them – that way we can laugh even harder.

12. Robert, ex-pat Brit 1 Mar 2009, 2:37pm

Spitz….if you believe in that book of fairy tales an in particular that creationist fable about Adam and Eve, then you must also believe in incest which the bible must have condoned since you cultists believe that Adam & Eve were the first parents. If that is the case, how did this planet become populated? The answer is….incest between Eve and her children and between Adam and any daughters he may have fathered. You can’t cherry pick Leviticus to justify discrimination, denigration, hypocrisy, bigotry or intolerance towards us while ignoring the rest which you deem not convenient or incompatible with your cultist belief system.

As for this senator’s claim that murder is not legal, he’s dead wrong. Execution in some states is still legal in America in the form of state sanctioned execution, perfectly legal and accepted. Killing is killing no matter how you try to skew it, Senator, so stop with they hypocrisy.

13. Lincoln - Australia 2 Mar 2009, 1:46pm

The bible is full of s@#t. Come on, fanatical christians are just repressed and that is how religion works…. get the minds dazed and confused by strict physical rules causing emotional starvation then fill the head with outdated tripe written thousands of years ago by wandering nomads probably starved for sex and gone mad as a result. By the way, this god seems to concentrate an aweful lot on men and sex… ummmm, I think i see a pattern emerging??????

14. Lincoln - Australia 2 Mar 2009, 2:23pm

Robert, I think Adam and Eve only had sons so incest was a goer for sure. Maybe Christians evolved as a seperate race of doomed people – afterall it is proven that incest produces deformity or mental instability after a few generations of interbreeding. Anyhow, Adam and Eve produced hateful kids, one son knocked off the other. Good thing for the rest of us evolved from sludge like every other living thing on this planet.

15. Simon Murphy 2 Mar 2009, 2:56pm

Spitz. Your ‘god’ sounds like a hateful, evil sh-thead. Thank goodness he’s a fictional character. If your ‘god’ existed and was as evil as he sounds we’d have to hire someone to take him out. I spit on the idea of your evil, monstrous ‘god’.

16. A partial apology is NOT an apology!
    An apology is saying something like “I’m sorry!”
    A partial apology, e.g., “I’m sor !” could mean anything .. “I’m sore!”; “I’m sorted!” or even “I’m sordid!” Mmmm? “I’m sordid!” Might be on to something here!!!!

17. Very interesting that the Rev Don Spitz found this article……let alone took the time to comment SEVERAL times here. Am I the only one who finds it odd that he would focus so much time thinking about and discussing gay men/sex??? I think I’ll go look for his gaydar profile……

18. Check out his website by clicking on his name….he is a certifiable nut sack……..The site has his phone number too….if anyone would like to give him a ring….