Utah Senator brands gays the ‘greatest threat to America’

1. Simon Murphy 19 Feb 2009, 11:19am

I reckon he’s religious. Religious people seem to have an unhealthy obsession with gay sex and engage in truly vile and evil hatespeech against gay people to hide their obsession.only fairs.

2. Anything said by a morman should NEVER get any air space.
    Religion is the greatest threat to man kind. They brain wash young children. It’s child abuse.

3. “They’re mean. They want to talk about being nice. They’re the meanest buggers I have ever seen.”

Haha, that is clearly a rather Mormon thing to say (though I would have thought he’d have said it in a much nicer way).

And if gay people have no morals, then why are so many fighting for the right to be able to marry and raise a family? I’m not saying that those who do not wish to do so are immoral, but surely if the Right’s standards of morality come down to whether or not you want to have the spouse, house and 2.4 children, then all those clamouring for same-sex marriage rights are meeting those standards?

It’s all very confusing. . .

4. Some straights have no morals, is Chris Buttar aware of that?

5. My mum is a LDS (mormon if you prefer).. things like this confuse me greatly. I understand alot about the religion through my mum and it makes her very happy so i look at it as a good thing in her life. However, its statements like this that make me realise how difficult it must be for her to be torn between her beliefs and her love for me. I think i will just try to remember that one persons comments do not represent all, and in any organisation (religious or otherwise) there will always be varying degrees of views and opinions… My mum says the church in the UK sees it more like “we don’t agree with it in our faith, but its not in their faith to interfere with other people’s lives”. A kind of, each to their own approach… which makes sense to me! :o)

6. Simon Murphy 19 Feb 2009, 2:07pm

Religion is evil. End of.

7. Mirjam Bader 19 Feb 2009, 2:14pm

Global warming, economic crisis, international terrorism?!? No clearly gay people are the biggest threat to the future of America. Mormon? Morron more like!

8. Jen Marcus 19 Feb 2009, 4:43pm

What really galls me is when allegedly intelligent, educated, and sophisticated political, or religious leaders, or people in general, make such asinine and stupid comments and remarks. What a waste of education and humanity! BTW, assuming this man is allegedly a “man of religious faith” may I remind him, and those like him, that one “Chooses” a faith system. While on the other hand science and personal experience seems to suggest that LGBT people are actually born that way or using their religious terminology “created” by the Creator to be the way they are. And as pointed out in some of the previous posts, religious fanatics of many stripes have been the violent perpetrators and oppressors of humanity through wars, inquisitions and witch trials etc.as a matter of faith. It would appear therefore that based on “their choices” to be members of “their one true faith they in reality are the “terrorists”! In any case, I have yet to hear about any LGBT groups of people in history who have, or are willing to do violence to others in the name of their “allegedly chosen life style.” I submit to you Senator that people like you in positions of power and influence create(d) “Hell on Earth” for thousands of millions on this planet to which you will have to all answer for and to your God., whoever and whatever, that Dod may be! “And May God Have Mercy On Your Souls!” AMEN!

9. Presumably, he’s gay. The CIA will have thier eye on him nothing surer.

10. If this guy turns up dead. I’ll take credit. What an idiot. If Mormons want to be taken seriously, they really need to distance themselves from the stupid.

The Mormon cult needs to be dealt with, they are idiots.

11. “They’re probably the greatest threat to America going down I know of.”

Apart from Monica Lewinski…….

12. john sharp 20 Feb 2009, 3:04am

he is confusing the gays
    with the religious they are the ones indoctrinating.
    sure we like free sex
    that does not mean we have no honnor and standing in society .
    so stop the religious lies for there is no gods

13. Lincoln - Australia 23 Feb 2009, 9:49pm

Isn’t it kind of empowering that gay men are the most feared single entity out of all creation and that we send people nutty by that fear. Boo!

14. Hey John Sharp…you SAID, ” so stop the religious lies for there is no gods”

15. John Sharp, you said “so stop the religious lies for there is no gods”
    Please tell me how you know “there is no gods?” What’s your
    evidence because that’s a powerful statement and I’d like
    to know how you arrived at that.

16. I’m Mormon myself actually, and pan and trans. The cool part is my bishop is completely ok with LGBT. So please don’t be as bad as this guy and spew hate on LDS. It only makes them win. We’re not all the same obviously