30 December 2008Sean Penn to win award for gay politician role + Holllywood actor Sean Penn will be honoured at January's Palm Springs International Film Festival for his role in new film Milk.
30 December 2008Church group discrimination against New Jersey lesbians ruled unlawful 4 A church group yesterday lost its case to a lesbian couple who it barred from holding a civil ceremony on their property. Civil unions were introduced in New Jersey after the state Supreme Court's 2006 ruling that gay and lesbian couples are entitled to equal civil rights.
30 December 2008Spanish judge suspended for discrimination against lesbian parents 1 A Spanish judge has suspended from work after attempting to stop a lesbian adopting her wife's child. Same-sex couples are permitted to adopt children in Spain, and gay marriage was legalised there in 2005.
30 December 2008Playstation game restricts gay words + Playstation's latest venture, PS Home, is described by Home Service Manager Daniel Hill as "unique compared to anything else in the gaming world."
30 December 2008Top players to speak out against homophobia in FA video 7 The Football Association has agreed to organise and fund a video / DVD featuring premier league players speaking out against homophobia. The idea was put to the FA several months ago by Peter Tatchell of the gay human rights group OutRage!, as way of challenging the anti-gay abuse hurled by fans at players like Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell.
30 December 2008Catholic leader claims Pope’s homophobic outburst “misrepresented” 53 Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O'Connor, head of the Catholic Church in England and Wales and Archbishop of Westminster, has defended Pope Benedict XVI's controversial comments about gay people.
30 December 2008Australian equality act inquiry could be delayed until 2011 1 An Australian Senate committee has recommended an inquiry into the need for an equality act banning homophobic or transphobic discrimination, following complaints to the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC). The AHRC is currently unable to protect the LGBT community fully as federal protections do not cover homophobia in the media or commercial services as other forms of discrimination are.
30 December 2008Top legal website predicts gay marriage to be hot topic for 2009 + FindLaw, the most-visited legal site on the web, today released its Top Ten Legal Predictions for 2009.
30 December 2008Mother fights against ban on sleeping with lesbian partner 8 Divorcee and mother of two Angel Chandler has approached the Tennessee Court of Appeals to allow her to have her female partner stay overnight. Ms Chandler, who has been with her partner for almost a decade, is appealing against a child custody restriction known as a paramour clause, in which she is not permitted to have her lover stay overnight if her children are present.
30 December 2008Lawrence King murder suspect denied access to files 4 14 year old murder suspect Brandon McInerney's lawyers requested that a judge allow them access to files demonstrating how prosecutors decide to try under-18s as adults in court. McInerney stands accused of shooting classmate Lawrence King in February, who was reportedly openly gay and sometimes wore 'feminine' clothing to school, at a junior high school in Oxnard, California.
Articles from 30 December 2008
- Comment: How God Hates Fags and its friends like Linda Harvey further gay rights2
- Lesbian drama tipped for top prize at Cannes film festival1
- Blackburn Rovers footballer charged with making a homophobic gesture at Brighton fans+
- French anti-equal marriage leader pulls out of rally for fear of violence5
- UK: Police criticised after gay killer escapes from prison and ends up in gay bar+
- Brighton: Footballers cleared of sexual assault as woman lied about being drugged at gay pride+
- UK: Card Factory accused of homophobia for selling offensive ‘fag’ birthday card51
- US Pastor: Why I support Jason Collins’ decision to come out as gay+
- Petition urges Google search engine results to stop automatically linking ‘gayest’ with ‘worst’1
- Nick Clegg and Francis Maude agree to fly rainbow flag from Cabinet Office for Pride week6
- Question Time: Ian Paisley Jr defends saying he was 'repulsed' by gays and lesbians43
- UK: Card Factory accused of homophobia for selling offensive 'fag' birthday card51
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins58
- Governor Rick Perry: 'I am greatly disappointed' that the Boy Scouts will allow gay members20
- Video: Book published to teach children to pray to Jesus for gay people to turn straight32
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship23
- Australia: Man who stalked footballer and talked of 'gay orgy' jailed 1
- Lib Dem MP Gordon Birtwistle defends voting against equal marriage 37
- Video: Teenager gets kicked out of Boy Scouts for being gay7
- US: Boy Scouts of America lifts national ban on gay youth members13
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'95
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur65
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people63
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote63
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe homosexuals60
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage