Free Presbyterian minister backs Pope and claims we are all born straight

1. “great deal of insecurity that is found within that community” Why would that be given that we are attacked and abused by vile f***kers like him who denigrate us and make ridiculous claims that we will destroy society, are a wound, intrinsically disordered, evil etc etc and at Christmas. It’s a joke, they are so blind and stupid. All this hate is designed to hurt us and at the same time they expect to be lauded for doing it. Any criticism and they are the ones who squeal persecution. It isn’t good enough to incite hatred and violence and to spew lies and garbage against gay and Lesbian and transgender people and say it’s only my opinion or my strongly held religious belief.

2. I am gay. I was born gay. My parents were hetrosexual, as are my brothers and sisters. My upbringing had absolutely no “gay” aspect to it at all. At school, there were no openly gay pupils. To be so would have guaranteed you would have been beaten up, expelled, sent to see a psychologist etc.

The papers and television were rabidly homophobic. The only time you ever heard anyone outed as gay was when it was some public figure caught in bed with a rent boy. These were my “role models” for what I could expect in life. Oh, and that hideous “gay” on the Dick Emery show. Yeah, faggots, good to laugh at and ridicule.

Those of a certain age will know what I’m talking about.

It’s odd. I can listen to those with a different opinion on gay marriage, age of consent etc. But on this issue, I know with 100% certainty, that this idiot is totally wrong. This is the way I was born, just like I was born right-handed. And I know lots of others like me who can say categorically that they were born gay.

3. Har Davids 24 Dec 2008, 2:38pm

If society didn’t have such an issue with homosexuality, lots of people might come out of the closet, or just declare themselves bi. I never considered myself straight or gay per se, and I may not be the only one.

4. Michael Riley 24 Dec 2008, 3:42pm

Why keep giving these lunatics publicity. They feed of their hate?

5. Heterosexuality is nature’s way but so is homosexuality. It has been proven that the more children a women has, the greater the chance each time that the next time will be gay. This goes to show that nature is trying to stop overpopulation. Let us not figbt nature.

6. How unfortunate that, at Christmas of all times, a religious minister should make such mean-spirited comments. So much of the season of goodwill.

7. Peace and harmony and agreement between the catholics and protestants in Northern Ireland, brought about by us gays! Pity they can’t agree on anything else.

8. what an arse!

9. Robert, ex-pat Brit 24 Dec 2008, 7:37pm

So what’s new? Yet another cultist spewing his venom. Their m.o. just like the Pope and others is to dehumanize us and then scapegoat us for the world’s ills. The Pope’s recent statement that homosexuality is a threat to the human race portends yet another holocaust…..wouldn’t they just love that, the final solution. The cultists always play the victim when things go wrong in society and gays gain rights let alone fight for and win them. They’re nothing more than a bunch of fascists, the Pope and all the other major religious leaders included. It would be a wonderful world if we were free from religion. Maybe we should give them a dose of their own medicine….form a worldwide movement to ban religion, persecute them as they persecute us. I can almost hear them squealing.

10. This is sheer ignorance. He has never spoken with gay people or knows anything about the modern research. However one must wish the poor man a Happy Christmas

11. These people are anti-science and anti-knowledge. Biologists have many theories as to why homosexuality is natural but no one with a serious education on the subject can argue that it isn’t. The church has always tried to control education and access to knowledge in negative ways. They make themselves look stupid and turn hoards of people off religion.

12. Strange how hating homosexuals is the only thing that brings warring religions together.

13. Gil Grissom 25 Dec 2008, 8:04am

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, Dear Mr McIlveen, I wish you and your family a Happy Christmas, and wish that you could do the same thing to every living human on this planet, it is a lonely little planet, so please, I ask you to stop with this nazi style hatred, we’ve had enough, can we please learn from the past and not repeat the mistakes that have been made so many times before. As everyone has seen, hatred, persecution and bigotry does NOT work – May I remind you, Nero? well, thats exactly what you are doin..to us.

14. I don’t really care what these silly religious people have to say, but I do wonder why they say

Homosexuality occurs in nature all the time. All they have to do is turn on Animal Planet or pick up a copy of National Geographic!

15. Talk about insecurity! The “continuation of the human race” blather clearly implies that if gays had full rights, then homosexuality would be so overwhelmingly attractive that breeders would leave their spouses and stop pumping out kids, no? Jeez, I KNOW that gay sex is great, but really! Surely SOMEbody would still be left to enjoy non-compulsory heterosexuality, if only so a few more souls would be added to the rainforest-gobbling population. If one didn’t know better, one might think that homophobes were nothing but a bunch of closet cases, projecting their own struggles against their homo desires onto the whole human race.

Um, come to think of it….

16. what an arse!
    Comment by wossname — December 24, 2008 @ 18:20

I really have to strongly disagree with wossname – arses perform an essential and useful function in the maintenance of good health … neither of these ‘gentlemen’ are eligible to make anything like such a claim!!! They serve no useful purpose whatsoever!!!

17. Vo Dong Cung 28 Dec 2008, 8:53pm

I also don’t care about they said: “Biologically we are not created to be homosexual, we are created to be heterosexual”

But they should say:”human being exist not any spirit, but only the body”.

18. A Plague on both their houses springs to mind! It seems a very “Unholy” alliance to me, especially at this time of year. These people want to live in the past, fine, but don’t drag us down with you please!

19. Annie McKenzie 29 Dec 2008, 10:02pm

repent SINNERS AND FOLLOW THE BIBLE! HOMOSEXUALITY IS AN ABOMINATION! YOU CHOOSE TO DEFILE YOUR BODIES AND LIVE FILTHY PERVERTED LIFESTYLES FULL OF SIN AND SHAME!

20. Temper, temper; its still the Season of Goodwill TO ALL MEN!!!!(have to say worthy of Paisley at his worst but you forgot the fire and the litle devils with pitchforks to poke us eternally…..)

21. Dave North 30 Dec 2008, 1:19pm

“Annie McKenzie”

Dont you know its rude to shout.

PS. How sad you really are.

22. it amuses me the way the presbyterians who usually refer the the pope as “the whore of babylon” will make common cause with him when it suits.

Their hypocracy stinks

23. Brian Melaugh 2 Jan 2009, 2:41pm

Annie, I was born in the North of Ireland people like you and David Mcllveen have nothing of offer. I can also quote scripture, “today I give you a choice, choose life or death”. You and David are dead, and remember hate is not a Christian virtue. However, ti a virtue which the Free Pres have in abundance

24. donna Black 7 Jan 2009, 3:44pm

hey Im from Northern Ireland too, and I was born gay yup this happens! :) every year I am so sick of the free p”s trying to tell us we’re all going to hell at pride, love is love its blind to gender but its seems that love has totally skipped out on any free p’s life if their so concerned with other ppls love& sex lifes maybe they should go they own!

25. donna Black 7 Jan 2009, 3:46pm

and the pope wears a silly hat so no one should listen to him anyways :)