4 November 2008Lesbians face “double-glazed glass ceiling” in the workplace + A new study into the experiences of lesbian and bisexual women in the workplace has revealed that many of them were more concerned about their gender than their sexuality.
4 November 200818,000 same-sex marriages in California ahead of statewide vote 1 A leading research centre has estimated that more than 18,000 gay and lesbian couples have got married in California since the state Supreme Court ruled in favour of same-sex marriages in May.
4 November 2008Connecticut gays can get married from November 12th + A judge in Connecticut has scheduled a hearing for the morning of November 12th to enter the final judgment in a case that permits same-sex marriages.
4 November 2008Oscar buzz surrounds Sean Penn’s portrayal of gay politician Harvey Milk + The critics have heaped praise upon actor Sean Penn's performance in the biopic Milk, leading Hollywood watchers to suggest he may be nominated for an Oscar.
4 November 2008Minister and leading MPs turn out for gay festival launch 3 All three major political parties were represented at the launch of G-Fest at the House of Commons yesterday.
4 November 2008Death of Obama’s grandmother brings campaigning to a solemn end + The woman who raised Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama from the age of ten has died.
4 November 2008Meet the candidates: Barack Obama and gay rights + In September Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee for President of the United States, submitted a written response to questions from US gay newspaper Washington Blade.
4 November 2008Meet the candidates: John McCain and gay rights 2 In October the Republican candidate for President of the United States gave a written response to questions for a leading American gay publication.
4 November 2008Senate election in Kentucky marred by homophobic campaign + A gay rights activist has accused conservatives in the US of giving national coverage to allegations a senior Republican was kicked out of the Army for homosexuality.
4 November 2008New website supports parents worried about homophobic bullying 1 A national charity has launched a website for parents concerned about bullying with the message "you are not alone."
4 November 2008Scottish blood service defends ban on gay donations 4 The Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service has said that the rise in gay men becoming infected with the HIV virus meant the ban on blood donations from that group was justified.
4 November 2008Malone convicted of homophobic murder in public toilet 2 A 30-year-old man has been found guilty of the murder of a retired accountant in a public toilet in Surrey.
4 November 2008Appeal for witnesses after homophobic attack on woman dressed as Batman character + A woman dressed as Batman character The Joker was attacked and verbally abused in Chorlton as she walked home from a fancy dress party early on Saturday morning.
4 November 2008Gay candidates up for election across America 1 American voters will be choosing US Representatives, Senators, state Governors and other elected officials at all levels of government today.
5 November 2008The Barack Obama story – from Hawaii to the White House + Barack Obama was born in Hawaii on August 4th, 1961.
5 November 2008Barack Obama elected President of the United States 6 History was made today when an African-American clinched the most important job on earth.
5 November 2008President-elect Obama mentions gays in his first speech to the nation 6 Change has come to America - that was the message from the next President of the United States.
5 November 2008Early results indicate California’s Prop 8 gay marriage ban could pass 6 Early results from America's most populous state indicate that a ballot measure to ban gay marriage may pass.
5 November 2008Analysis: The story of Proposition 8 and the fight for gay marriage 1 The ballot amendment that aimed to change the California Constitution came about after a landmark decision by the state's Supreme Court.
5 November 2008Live Blog: Vote No on Prop 8 event curtailed – gay marriage ban may pass + Gay marriage could end in California.
Articles from November 2008
- Comment: How God Hate Fags and its friends like Linda Harvey further gay rights+
- Lesbian drama tipped for top prize at Cannes film festival1
- Blackburn Rovers footballer charged with making a homophobic gesture at Brighton fans+
- French anti-equal marriage leader pulls out of rally for fear of violence5
- UK: Police criticised after gay killer escapes from prison and ends up in gay bar+
- Brighton: Footballers cleared of sexual assault as woman lied about being drugged at gay pride+
- UK: Card Factory accused of homophobia for selling offensive ‘fag’ birthday card50
- US Pastor: Why I support Jason Collins’ decision to come out as gay+
- Petition urges Google search engine results to stop automatically linking ‘gayest’ with ‘worst’1
- Nick Clegg and Francis Maude agree to fly rainbow flag from Cabinet Office for Pride week6
- Question Time: Ian Paisley Jr defends saying he was 'repulsed' by gays and lesbians42
- UK: Card Factory accused of homophobia for selling offensive 'fag' birthday card50
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins58
- Governor Rick Perry: 'I am greatly disappointed' that the Boy Scouts will allow gay members20
- Video: Book published to teach children to pray to Jesus for gay people to turn straight32
- Florida: Lesbian teen expelled from school and charged over same-sex relationship23
- Australia: Man who stalked footballer and talked of 'gay orgy' jailed 1
- Lib Dem MP Gordon Birtwistle defends voting against equal marriage 36
- Video: Teenager gets kicked out of Boy Scouts for being gay7
- US: Boy Scouts of America lifts national ban on gay youth members13
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'95
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur65
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people63
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote63
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe homosexuals60
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage