Woman ejected from US federal building over lesbian T-shirt

1. Incredible that her 1st amendment rights were taken away in a federal building of all places!

2. If a lesbian t-shirt gets you escorted to the front of queues – IKEA HERE I COME!

3. Adrian-T, sadly these days the federal building would be the FIRST place you would expect to find first amendment rights taken away from a citizen.

Welcome to George W. Bush’s America.

4. Wow, played the race card AND the victim card- almost a hat trick. If you choose to be different, so be it. Just don’t shove it in my face and expect me to like it. I think I’ll go in the same building tomorrow wearing my “I hate lesbians” t-shirt.

5. This is a common result with poorly trained private security folks in public places banning clothing, photo taking,an other allowed behavior. When you want cheap security, you get cheap security.
    The guards actually have little authority other that a big mouth connected to a small brain.

6. PaulDumont 27 Aug 2008, 3:07am

I was there and could not believe what I witnessed. I asked everybody around me in the office if they were at all offended by the shirt and nobody had a problem except the guard. I called the police first, then my lawyer. The lawyer said call the newspaper. Finally, my lawyer gave me advice I could use…

7. How could she be a lesbian if she has a son?

8. So what did the t-shirt SAY?

9. Eric Nagale 27 Aug 2008, 3:58am

Thankfully, even in this time of low cost, outsourced government labor, they still have the good judgement and common sense to protect our federal buildings from the terrible blight that homosexuality has brought upon our society. This woman should have been arrested for trying to spread her perverse messages. God bless that guard and god bless the USA.

10. Tell us, Eric, exactly how has homosexuality had any direct impact on society or you? Your attitude about personal rights would have been right at home in Nazi Germany.

11. Sister Mary Clarence 27 Aug 2008, 4:33am

“Thankfully, even in this time of low cost, outsourced government labor, they still have the good judgement and common sense ….”

Absolutely right, and well spotted, Eric ….

“…. she was readmitted and escorted to the front of the queue”

If only this were the sort of service we got everywhere. Its not that I think ignorance and stupidity are catching, but it does worry me sometimes who I’m standing next to in the queue at the Post Office. God forbid that a bit of you may rub off on someone else.

And please, please, please, tell me you’ve not had kids. Now that’s the sort of thing that shouldn’t be allowed. I realise that sterilising religious bigots before they have kids is not an option these days in the politically correct world in which we live, but there’s nothing to say the kids can’t be removed when born surely.

I’m not saying we should do it to everyone with low intellect, just those too stupid to be able to work their own moral compass and who instead turn to outdated and defunct scribblings as a substitute for their own inadequacies.

12. take what Sister Mary Clarence says to heart….she knows what she’s talking about! After all, she represents an organization well versed in homosexual activities.

13. Rainbow kid 27 Aug 2008, 6:28am

Maybe the guard was trying to protect the building. He may have been concerned that she was going to much all of the carpet

14. John Baltimore 27 Aug 2008, 12:22pm

There is more to this story, to bad we could not get more details from both sides. I would not jump to judge so quickley.

15. jesskat182 27 Aug 2008, 2:07pm

f davis – that’s exactly what i think! she shouldn’t have gotten kicked out for wearing a shirt that said that, but she shouldn’t have worn the shirt in the first place. nobody needs to advertise what makes them different and shove it in everybody’s face. i don’t go around saying, “hey i’m a white female! like it or not, i’m here!”

16. If someone wore a t-shirt promoting Read a Book.com, it would probably offend someone working under contract to DHS.

17. Worldwalker 27 Aug 2008, 4:39pm

Nobody needs to advertise what makes them different? So, I can’t wear a World of Warcraft T-shirt because not everybody plays WoW? I can’t wear a McCain/Obama/Nader/Paul T-shirt because some people support for the other guy? I can’t wear a Dodge T-shirt because some people drive Fords? I can’t wear an “I <3 My Cat” T-shirt because some people have dogs?

Oh, hell, just issue everyone uniforms so nobody can possibly be traumatized by the horrific realization everyone isn’t exactly like them. It worked so well in Communist China, after all.

18. Chris Long 27 Aug 2008, 6:24pm

Wow, jesskat…. are you truly that stupid or are you just trolling? I mean, I know Eric is trolling. Nobody can be that thick. But you actually have me confused.