31 July 2008Transsexual gene identified by scientists + A gene variant has been identified that could explain female-to-male transexuality.
31 July 2008US HIV travel ban lifted as Bush signs new AIDS bill 10 US President Bush has signed a new law lifting a ban on HIV positive people from entering the United States and signed new legislation to fight Aids in the developing world.
31 July 2008Sex determination tests for female Beijing athletes 1 A decision to test female contenders for the Beijing 2008 Olympics to see if they are men has caused uproar.
31 July 2008Costa Rican Christians protest against gay marriage + Last Saturday some 20,000 people from around Costa Rica dressed in white t-shirts paraded down a main street in San José to express their opposition to a legislative proposal to make gay marriage legal.
31 July 2008Concern for gay Iranian refused asylum in Cyprus 1 The Commissioner of Administration in Cyprus has warned that a gay Iranian man faces death in his homeland if he is deported.
31 July 2008Gay Congressman pushes for cannabis decriminalisation + Openly gay United States Congressman Barney Frank announced a proposal yesterday to make it legal for pot smokers to light up.
31 July 2008Second man charged after homophobic assault leaves victim in critical condition 1 Police in Liverpool have charged and 18-year-old with grievous bodily harm following an attack on a gay teenager last Friday.
31 July 2008Gay author’s inclusion on Booker longlist upsets chattering classes 2 The acclaimed thriller Child 44's appearance on the 'longlist' of nominees for the Man Booker Prize for Fiction has upset some in the high-minded literary types.
31 July 2008Iris Robinson reported to police over child abuse comments 4 A Northern Irish MP has been reported to police over comments she made comparing homosexual acts to the sexual abuse of children.
31 July 2008Dutch politician wants gays to be given constitutional protection + An MP in Holland will use this Saturday's Amsterdam Pride to highlight the ways in which the country's government still discriminates against sexual minorities.
31 July 2008Gene Robinson reveals that he needs a bodyguard and bulletproof vest 6 The openly gay American Bishop of New Hampshire, Gene Robinson, has taken to wearing a bulletproof vest and walking with a bodyguard for fear of being attacked.
31 July 2008Brokeback Bandit wanted by FBI + In what is not likely to be regarded the most politically correct move on the part of the FBI, the organisation has branded a Seattle bank robber with the gay-themed moniker of "Brokeback Bandit."
31 July 2008Video: McCain compares Obama to Britney and Paris Hilton + With less than one hundred days left before Americans head to the polls to elect the next President of the United States, things are getting decidedly nastier.
31 July 2008Hollyoaks: Jack returns from the dead + Darren is starting to seriously panic about the inquest into Jack's death.
31 July 2008There are gays in Formula One claims Mosley 2 The Formula One boss who won record damages from a tabloid newspaper after it printed a lurid story about his private life has compared his treatment to that of gay people.
31 July 2008EastEnders: Phil reveals some shocking home truths + Family, or "fam-lee" as the residents of Albert Square would say, is the focus of this week's event in Walford.
31 July 2008Emmerdale: Jo feels the force of Andy’s wrath again + The friendship between Sam and Jo seems to be blooming, when Jo invites him for lunch.
31 July 2008Coronation Street: Tina breaks it off with David + You don't need a crystal ball to predict that David and Tina's relationship is headed for the rocks this week.
31 July 2008INTERVIEW: Why the British Army joined forces with Stonewall + The British Army's decision to join a programme designed to promote equality in the workplace has been widely welcomed.
31 July 2008Lib Dems claim Equality Bill contains “blatant prejudice” against trans people 4 The Liberal Democrats have accused the government of "leaving the door open to discrimination" against trans people.
Articles from 31 July 2008
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’1
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church tells PinkNews: Equal marriage is to blame for violent Woolwich murder6
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’+
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote11
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’35
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained16
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends ‘aggressive homosexual community’ equal marriage slur58
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 58
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'35
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained16
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage