20 May 2008Publicity is vital claims Russian gay activist + GayRussia.ru, which describes itself as "the leading LGBT human rights organisation in Russia," has marked its third birthday.
20 May 2008INTERVIEW: After my year in chains I am rejoining the Tories 1 The first openly gay mayor of Richmond ends his term in office this week.
20 May 2008Pop Idol helps Blackpool show its Pride + More than 8,000 people flocked to the seaside resort of Blackpool over the weekend to celebrate Pride.
20 May 2008MPs vote to abolish ‘need for a father’ 7 The House of Commons has voted to remove the requirement for doctors to consider the need for a father when assessing women for ferility treatments.
20 May 2008Stonewall delighted at Commons vote for lesbian rights 2 Gay equality organisation Stonewall has welcomed the decision of the House of Commons to remove the requirement for doctors to consider the 'need for a father.'
21 May 2008Hillary wins Kentucky as number-crunching continues + New York Senator Hillary Clinton has taken victory in the Kentucky Democratic primary yesterday as expected, with Illinois Senator Barack Obama on track to win in the Oregon primary results.
21 May 2008Concerned Women of America insult Ellen’s gay wedding 2 In the aftermath of California's historic Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage, talk show host Ellen Degeneres announced she would, at long last, marry her longtime partner Portia De Rossi.
21 May 2008Praise for Ted Kennedy after brain tumour diagnosis + Massachusetts Senator Edward 'Ted' Kennedy has been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour, according to a statement released by his doctors yesterday.
21 May 2008Russell T Davies stands down from Doctor Who role + After breathing new life into one of television’s most loved brands, writer and executive producer Russell T Davies has announced he is to leave Doctor Who.
21 May 2008Met police raids target homophobic crime 1 Metropolitan police officers carried out a series of raids across London this morning targeting dangerous and prolific offenders suspected of domestic, homophobic and race hate crimes.
21 May 2008MEPs demand comprehensive discrimination legislation + The European Parliament yesterday voted to adopt a report by a West Midlands MEP calling for protection for gay and lesbian people from discrimination.
21 May 2008Handbook on transgender children released + For parents and professionals alike, raising a transgender child can be confusing and challenging.
21 May 2008Employment tribunal told civil partnerships not “God-ordained” 8 Performing civil partnership ceremonies is a matter of religious conscience, a registrar claimed at an employment tribunal yesterday.
21 May 2008Danes protest against gay hate music on Freewebs.com 1 Online music stores are selling so-called Murder Music despite protests from gay rights activists.
21 May 2008Fire service drive to recruit more gays and lesbians + The Fire Minister has announced a new strategy to encourage gay people to join the fire service and ensure equality in career progression.
21 May 2008Poland seen as “a country of homophobes and Teletubbies specialists” 21 The Prime Minister of Poland has spoken out about his country's image abroad under the Presidency of Lech Kaczynski.
21 May 2008MPs clash over fathers, lesbians, and what people in the pub think is natural 2 In the Commons yesterday afternoon former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith proposed an amendment to retain the requirement for doctors to consider the need for a father when assessing women for fertility treatment.
21 May 2008David Cameron and Ruth Kelly among MPs who voted against lesbian rights 7 The bulk of the Shadow Cabinet voted in favour of an amendment that would have retained a requirement on doctors to consider the need for a father when assessing women for IVF treatment.
22 May 2008Tragic end for lesbian couple tormented by family pressure + A lesbian couple who committed suicide by setting themselves on fire have been put to rest in a joint cremation this week.
22 May 2008Foreign Office instructs embassies to push LGBT rights 4 The British government has adopted an official programme to support the human rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and trans people in other countries.
Articles from May 2008
- US: LGBT activists protests against removal of gay protections from immigration reform bill+
- Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks: I’ve not come out strongly against same-sex unions, but in Judaism we don’t do them’10
- US: Boy Scouts council to vote on lifting ban on gay members+
- US church: Equal marriage bill is to blame for violent Woolwich murder9
- US Boy Scouts President: Allowing gay boy scouts would be ‘the right decision’+
- Peter Tatchell: ‘I may disagree with David Cameron on austerity, but on equal marriage I salute him’6
- Ukraine: Gay pride rally cancelled by court for fear that it will spark violence+
- Cornwall: Tory deputy chair Sarah Newton defends abstaining in equal marriage Commons vote13
- Sir Gerald Howarth: ‘I should have used ‘militant’ rather than ‘aggressive’ to describe the ‘homosexuality community’38
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill — Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US church blames Woolwich suspected terror killing on UK acceptance of gay people46
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur 59
- David Cameron called 'marriage wrecker' and warned of 'long battle' over equal marriage in House of Lords47
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate7
- Columnist Richard Godwin: Does Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth 'dream that everyone in Soho wants to bum him?' 10
- Sir Gerald Howarth: 'I should have used 'militant' rather than 'aggressive' to describe the 'homosexuality community'38
- US church blames Oklahoma tornado on gay basketball player Jason Collins56
- Lib Dem MP John Pugh criticised for voting against equal marriage bill -- Simon Hughes and Tim Fallon abstained17
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who 'display their lifestyle'46
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years24
- London: Gay couple threatened with death in violent late night homophobic assault141
- Government considers watered down same-sex marriage bill to minimise Tory rebellion133
- Tory MP Gerald Howarth: 'There are plenty in the aggressive homosexual community who want more than just same-sex marriage'94
- France: Far right activist commits suicide in Notre Dame following legalisation of equal marriage93
- Philip Hammond: 'No great demand for gay marriage and it's upsetting vast numbers of people'73
- Government to consider abolishing civil partnerships or opening up to straight couples68
- Norman Tebbit: David Cameron has 'f**** things up' with his equal marriage bill66
- David Cameron: Gay teenagers will stand that bit taller following equal marriage vote62
- Tory MP Sir Gerald Howarth defends 'aggressive homosexual community' equal marriage slur59
- Lib Dem Deputy Leader Simon Hughes: 'Marriage should be between one man and one woman'58
Pink News on Twitter Follow @PinkNewsDownload our free app for iPhone + iPad Out4Marriage