Former Tory councillor censured over paedophile comments

1. Bill Perdue, RainbowRED 29 May 2008, 5:24pm

The Conservatives are mired in yet another scandal involving hate filled bigots. It’s not surprising given their opposition to reproductive rights, which although aimed at harming lesbians would also cut into the rights of all women. We’ve all seen how the panicked Tories pigheadedly oppose hate speech laws and now we know why – they don’t want to end up the same cell with Beenie Man and Sizzla, sans condoms.

The Conservative Party is a swamp infested with bigots. Their candidates are commonly found lurking about in the muddy depths but at election time they surface and like Cameron begin making vague promises. They’re trying to attract fresh meat, i.e. clueless voters. Think of Conservative Party candidates as crocs or alligators: DON’T GET TOO CLOSE, NEVER ATTEMPT TO PET THEM and DON’T FEED THEM with wasted votes.

2. Robert, ex-pat Brit 29 May 2008, 7:09pm

I wonder how many front bench conservatives would agree with this sicko? With 17 out of 25 of them voting against lesbian fertility rights, including Cameron, makes you wonder why any sane gay voter in his or right mind would support a party that produces a large number of cretins and homophobes such as Willows. Its interesting, in any conservative government, you’ll find far more homophobia than in any other mainstream party. I wonder why? Had not the labour party been in power for the past decade or more, I doubt very much if there would have been any discussion or consideration of LGBT rights and I’m quite certain that there would have been no equality legislation enacted not even, in the case of the Tories, for the sake of political expediency, until recently. Many who do support them naively think that they can change their party from within. Well, we’ve only to look at the gay Log Cabin republicans in the U.S. who’ve not been able to change anything, in fact, their party has regressed even further into homophobia, yet these morons go on voting for them not because they’re really interested in advancing equality but more about the preservation of their wealth, tax breaks and to hell with everybody else. Equality issues of course are at the bottom in the pecking order of things.

3. Sorry Robert, I hate the Tories as much as the next logically minded gay man, but New Labour were forced to enact 90% of the pro-gay legislation they presided over by Europe. Let’s not forget the Armed forces ban, the Bolton 7 etc…

4. Sister Mary Clarence 30 May 2008, 1:09am

“Yesterday the council’s Conservative group suspended the long-serving Hangleton and Knoll councillor as a Tory member of the council’s committees.”

The Argus – May 29, 2008 – 15:58

So, Willows suspended from the party within a week of the gay/paedophile comments.

Like a number of her colleagues in New Labour, Ken Livingstone’s trusted deputy Nicky Gavron is facing unwanted accusations of breaking the rules. So she could hardly have picked a lousier time to lose one her most trusted lieutenants.
    Gavron, who was accused last week of failing to declare dozens of free meals, was greeted yesterday with the resignation of Miranda Grell, her controversial assistant who has quit the Labour Party after failing to overturn a high-profile court conviction.
    The 29-year-old councillor, who was widely-tipped as one of the party’s rising stars, was found guilty in September of spreading false paedophile slurs against her Lib Dem rival Barry Smith, who she narrowly defeated in local elections last year.
    On Friday, Grell lost her appeal against conviction, just days after Pandora revealed that Labour bosses would no longer bankroll her bid to clear her name. As a result, she said she was quitting both the party and her post as Gavron’s aide.
    “Although I know I am innocent, what I have been convicted of amounts to bringing the Labour Party into disrepute and gross misconduct of the Greater London Authority constitution,” says Grell. “I cannot expect either of these organisations to formally support me in these circumstances.”
    Gavron, meanwhile, was unwilling to talk about her former employee yesterday my request for a comment from the Deputy Mayor’s office was met with silence.
    The Independent – Tuesday, 4 December 2007
    So, almost 7 months after gay/paedophile allegation still no actual suspension from the party.

Bill/Robert, perhaps you could clarify exactly WHY we should be voting Labour rather than Tory – clearly its got nothing to do with the ‘swift’ discipline they dish out to errant councillors who make slurs against the gay community.

5. Robert, ex-pat Brit 30 May 2008, 5:08pm

These are some of the reasons why I won’t vote for any Tory:

* 80% of the 25-member Tory shadow front-bench has voted against major items of gay rights legislation since 1998;
    * 90% of those eligible to vote voted against the equalisation of the age of consent;
    * 85% of those eligible to vote voted against the repeal of Section 28. Cameron voted against the repeal of Section 28 passing to a second reading before abstaining on the second reading. In 2000 as candidate for Witney he told a local paper that the Blair government “continues to be obsessed with their ‘fringe’ agenda, including deeply unpopular moves like repealing Section 28 and allowing the promotion of homosexuality in schools,” and that “Blair has moved heaven and earth to allow the promotion of homosexuality in schools”;
    * In March of 2007, Tory MPs voted 3 to 1 against measures to protect lesbian, gay and bisexual people from discrimination in goods and services. Furthermore in June of that year a Populus survey showed 54 percent of Tory MPs opposed equal rights for homosexual couples.

And so it continues…

* Voted against gay adoption under a three-line whip.

* The latest being that 17 of the 25 front benchers voted against the IVF bill including Cameron, so much for a leader who claims he’s for equality.

6. Sister Mary Clarence 30 May 2008, 7:13pm

“The latest being that 17 of the 25 front benchers voted against the IVF bill including Cameron, so much for a leader who claims he’s for equality”

As did many Labour MPs, many of whom have no doubt read the reams of research that shows quite clearly that young people do better when they have male role models. It was mis-reported in the gay press, or just misunderstood in your narrow mind, that the vote wasn’t anything to do with kids having a father.

Whilst you clearly think the entire world revolves around us being gay, only a very small fraction of those seeking IVF treatment are actually gay (or lesbian), so your entire theory of the Tories kicking gay people rings a little hollow when you look at the facts – but then when have facts ever clouded your judgment?

Never happier Robert when you’re living in your early 1980s bunker convinced that the entire world is out to get us. You will believe exactly what you want to and truth, reality and logic be damned.

The Tories re-branded some time after you moved abroad and you will not accept that anyone or anything has changed in this country. By far the majority of local authorities in the country are run by the Tories. London is run by the Tories. The sky hasn’t fallen in. The Conservative Party has changed and is still changing because gay people have got in there and engendered change from within, rather than sitting back complaining and wringing their hands.

We have one of the most right wing governments that the country has even seen, supposedly under a socialist banner. They are all as crooked as they come. They have sold everything and anything that isn’t nailed down and some that is. We are about to hit recession because of Gordon Browns failure to put a little by when times were good. The Treasury is all by empty because of financial mismanagement of the banking sector. The public sector is mortgaged to the hilt with foreign investors. Jumping headlong into a war we should have never gone near has made us public enemy number two on the world stage. The government attempted unsuccessfully to removed the right to trial by jury, but succeeded in passing the Civil Contingencies Act, likened to Hitler’s Enabling Act, which has the potential to legally circumvent democratic governance of this country.

Labour appointed Ruth Kelly as Equalities Minister – a woman who at every step of her career has failed to support equality in relation to the gay community.

Gordon Brown welcomed with open arms Quentin Davies, one of the most homophobic politicians in parliament, when the Conservatives got too soft for him and he jumped ship to Labour. Davies voted against the equalisation of the age of consent, against the rights of gay couples to adopt, in favour of retaining Section 28 and against civil partnerships and yet your champion of the gay community, Gordon Brown, said of him, “Quentin Davies is a senior parliamentarian and he commands respect on all sides for his expertise and his dedication to public service, and I welcome him to the new Labour Party.”

You keep your head buried in the sand whittering on about the miners strike and the end of free school milk, but life for the rest of us has moved on.

7. Sister Mary Clarence 30 May 2008, 7:16pm

Oh, and probably the main reason you won’t vote Tory is that you don’t even live in this country anymore – yes, yes, yes we all know that you fly over for two days a year for some tax avoidance purposes, but you don’t live here and haven’t for years – yada, yada, yada.

8. Robert, ex-pat Brit 31 May 2008, 1:37pm

SMC whatever or whoever you are, do not even deign to infer that I avoid taxes, I find that comment offencive and tantamount to libel. Watch your tongue! I’ve made note of that inference for future use should I need to take legal action. FYI, I spend approximately 3 months in the UK every year and I remind you, I am still liable to taxes for business reasons, taxes that allow you to libel me as you have just done. You can rant all you want and come up with anti-Labour inferences,but you don’t fool anyone.

9. Robert, ex-pat Brit 31 May 2008, 1:39pm

Simon,I’m well aware of that and thank you. Tell me something, why if 90% of equality rights were mandated by the EU under Labour, why is it that other EU countries are not mandated to do the same let alone singled out? Surely this should be applied to every member state not just a select few?

10. Robert, ex-pat Brit 31 May 2008, 1:42pm

SMC, FYI…..as a British born native and resident of the UK, I am allowed to vote in UK elections by proxy even if I never spent any time there as long as I maintain my British passport and will continue to do so as well as pay my fair share of income tax. I think I have every right to comment on what I find disagreeable in British politics and anywhere else where I pay taxes and create employment.

11. Bill Perdue, RainbowRED 31 May 2008, 7:13pm

Robert, do you really think you’re a dinosaur suffering from senescence and a bunker mentality? I was impressed by the rap sheet you compiled about the Thatcherites. They’re indeed the party of anti-GLBT bigots and misogynists to boot. Additionally, the Tories are under the spell of parasites like the roman cult and the new flock of US trained Conservative Party christist fundamentalists. And as always the Tories can be found lurking just below the surface of that cesspool of superstition and bigotry known as the c of e. The Tories, Thatcherites, Conservatives, whatever you went to call them, have been reduced to being a political front group for jesuchristos Ltd. and islamophobic racism. That will destroy them just as surely as it’s destroying the Republicans here.

As we all know by now, when Thatcherites run out of sensible things to say they turn to character assignation and the example above is mild compared to some of the spew they disgorge. You remember the debates on same sex marriage. In all the many debates we’ve had since Twisted Sister suddenly showed up a year or so ago, he been a practitioner of Goebbels’ Big Lie technique. He called you an arms dealer and a leader of the “f**king victim brigade “, and accused that Omar Kuddus, of all people, of being inept.

Although this contemptible creature, Twisted Sister, did everything he could to sabotage Omar efforts by constantly spewing lies about him and his work Omar helped spark the victorious effort to get a few years of asylum for Mahdi Kazemi. And who can forget one of Twisted Sisters worst mistakes when he, as he often does, created a fictional character named Tomas to tell lies. It was Twisted Sister who was ultimately proven to be inept. Forgetting that many words are spelled differently on this side of the Atlantic he wrote the wrong script for his silly creation and totally embarrassed himself.

Robert, I enjoy your fact filled criticisms of the Tories (and wish you would supply more citations and links). However, given that Labour supports the genocide in Iraq I can’t say they’re worth voting for. Nevertheless all of their errors (except that one) are miniscule compared to the reactionary, religious, anti-union, homophobic, racist and misogynist policies of the Thatcher/Major/Cameron Conservatives. Only an inept idiot could believe that “re-branding’’, i.e. tossing a bucket of whitewash over a pile of s**t, would make the stink go away. It’s still the same writhing pile of feces it’s always been.

Keep up the good work Robert, and don’t bother replying to his lies if you don’t want to. Most of us have seen Twisted Sister in action before and our response is a big YAWN.

12. Paul Rutherford 1 Jun 2008, 12:17am

LOL @ Bill. You’re a funny man, what a rant about nothing! Where did get so bitchy girlfriend? Meow!

13. William - Dublin 1 Jun 2008, 12:41am

I see Sister Mary, Bill is blaming you (again) for being Tomas, all because Tomas let it dropped that Billy here spent his time slandering other US gay support agencies who don’t support a Stalinist communist manifesto by accusing them of being “paedophiles”… YAWN.

Then again, the next response will be that I am you too. I am practically clairvoyant. I see that this time you now Goebbels too. Good for you. I though he was dead.

Billy Bolshevik here is as predictable as a May Day Parade. You must be so flattered with the attention this limp 64 year old communist can gives you, I am simply dying with jealously! :)

14. Sister Mary Clarence 1 Jun 2008, 6:28am

Okay, lets try and get this business straight once and for all the Robert. Your screen name on here is Robert, ex-pat Brit.

Using Wikipedia, because I know you Americans like it so much, ex-pat is defined as follows: “An expatriate (in abbreviated form, expat) is a person temporarily or permanently residing in a country and culture other than that of the person’s upbringing or legal residence.

So forgive me, but if we take what you are now saying that you are a UK resident, then surely the ex-pat tagged on the end of your name is untrue is it not?
    Secondly, if you are in the UK for 3 months every year, as you now claim, and the rest of the time is spent in the States, as I think you have previously claimed, then I’m sorry, but I’ve got a bit of bad news for you. As far as the UK is concerned the rule is six months. If you are in the country for six months during a tax year then you are deemed resident. The period is normally defined as 183 days total, with leaving and arrival days not counted.
    As you clearly don’t know whether you are or are not a UK resident (and it would seem you are not), you might want to get your tax liabilities both here and the US checked out. Also might be best to get your story straight before you talk to them. Looking at it now I’, sure you can understand why I’m so suspicious.

Bill, I’m ignoring most of the drivel, but I notice that you bought up that I was a little sceptical of Omar and his tall tails, and you then go on the credit him for saving the gay Mehdi Kazemi single handed from deportation to Iran. However I note that MP Simon Hughes is also taking credit for securing Mehdi’s release and he doesn’t mention Omar in any of his press interviews on the subject.

William – par for the course really I’m afraid – bloody Goebbels now, will it never end.

15. Robert, ex-pat Brit 1 Jun 2008, 11:34am

SMC, be that as it may, I PAY TAXES and employ people regardless of how long I stay in my home country and as such, am entitled to say what I want, just as you are and do. In your customary, jingoistic manner, nobody, native or foreign born who doesn’t meet the residency requirements to be deemed a resident has the right to rebutt anything you say without being labelled or denigrated by your often insulting and arrogant remarks. Its either your way or the highway. I’m finished my arguments with you and from now on will ignore anything you say unless of course you persist in defaming my character with a libellous inference regarding my possible U.K. tax evasion, a pernicious comment if ever there were. I won’t forget that one and I most certainly wouldn’t expect an apology either, its not in you when you’re wrong.

16. Robert, ex-pat Brit 1 Jun 2008, 11:38am

SMC, says….”As you clearly don’t know whether you are or are not a UK resident (and it would seem you are not), you might want to get your tax liabilities both here and the US checked out. Also might be best to get your story straight before you talk to them. Looking at it now I’, sure you can understand why I’m so suspicious”.

Suspicious of what exactly? Spell it out!

17. Robert, ex-pat Brit 1 Jun 2008, 1:28pm

SMC, and one last thing, since I stay in my country of birth on average no more than 91 days in any tax year, and there are instances when it is longer, I’m still classified as “ordinarily resident” but not “resident” and subject to taxation on my business and employees that I am liable for and pay. If I had evaded taxes as you inferred, I would have faced prosecution and would have had my business placed in jeopardy as well as the livelihoods of several of my fellow Brits in my employ. Choose your words more carefully next time you resort to nasty insinuations about me or my character.

18. Sister Mary Clarence 1 Jun 2008, 4:07pm

I’ll spell it out again Robert, what EXACTLY my problem is with you – you run this country into the ground and never do or say a thing to make it any better. Constructive criticism is one thing but you seem to think that nothing has changed since you left and we’re all living the 1980s, obviously I can’t speak for the States (because I don’t live there and therefore have little experience of it), but the world you remember over hear is long dead.

Yes, you bleat on about how you are here however often, you’ve got a business here, you vote here, you pay taxes here. Then why haven’t you got a f**king clue about what’s going on here. It simply does not make any sense at all. I couldn’t give two s**ts whether you do, or you don’t pay taxes here or anywhere else, but its you who holds it up as the Holy Grail of why it’s perfectly okay to slag us and this country off.

I’m sick to the back teeth of you harping on about gay people in this country selling out and being bad homosexuals for being ‘content’with civil partnerships – which was incidentally one of the very view examples of the government actually giving us what we wanted following consultation. I don’t want ‘marriage’ and I won’t apologise for that and nor from the many similar comments on here will many others. Your attitude shows nothing but contempt for the tens of thousands or people that have entered into civil partnerships to cement their relationships, as you rubbish them and everything they have committed to again and again. I couldn’t give a flying f**k if something completely dissimilar somewhere else isn’t as good, we are (unlike you) are not somewhere else, we are here. It is what is here that is of primary importance to most people here.

And surely it can’t come completely as a bolt out of the blue that if you continually complain and bitch about people there are not going to like you.

Just one last thing though Robert:

“SMC, FYI…..as a British born native and resident of the UK”

Comment by Robert, ex-pat Brit — May 31, 2008 @ 13:42

“SMC, and one last thing, since I stay in my country of birth on average no more than 91 days in any tax year, and there are instances when it is longer, I’m still classified as “ordinarily resident” but not “resident”

Comment by Robert, ex-pat Brit — June 1, 2008 @ 13:28

So, you’re not actually a ‘resident’ then after all, as an ‘ordinary resident’ is just some little tax thing. Although if you are an ‘ordinary resident’ as you say, it would be a little strange if you moved abroad over three years ago, as this would normally allow you to be considered as a ‘non-ordinary resident’, this avoiding having to pay UK taxes on your overseas earnings and investments in addition to your UK ones. Again, this latest twist seems very odd, but probably best to let it drop as I know you’re really touchy about anyone else mentioning your tax status, although you do seem more than happy to throw it in anyone else’s face if you’re ever questioned about living in the States.

19. Bill Perdue, RainbowRED 1 Jun 2008, 7:03pm

Robert, I’m curious. Once again the subject’s been changed. It was about the prevalence of bigots in the Conservative party. But suddenly it’s about Bad Robert. That seems to happen whenever Twisted Sister pokes her nose in discussions by grownups.

If it’s about asylum for GLBT refugees it turns into a discussion about Bad Omar. If its about samesex marriage vs. second class civil unions or the dominance of the Tories by bigots like Cameron it gets switched to Bad Robert and the minutiae of residency requirements. And let’s not forget the long, long list of other evildoers Bad Marco, Bad Zeke, Bad Bill, Bad Shawn, Bad Malcolm Lidbury and all the other Bad People. There are lots of us and what we have in common is disgust with critics of Thatcherism, second class marriage statue, police harassment, racist islamophobia, union busting and etc.

You’d almost think that Twisted Sister wanted to deflect the discussion from criticism of Thatcherism to personal attacks on its critics. You’re Twisted Sisters stalking target this week. It’s becasue he’s afraid of reasoned politics anda the facts, which are not on his side. So he just changes the subject. It’s just Sister Mary Wanna-Be-Goebbels-When-He-Grows-Up venting again, and again, and again.

YAWN.

20. Sister Mary Clarence 1 Jun 2008, 10:16pm

What you all have in common Bill is axes to grind, and none more so than you. Come the revolution no doubt I’ll be burned at the stake, but until the rise of the People’s Republic of Bill, your comments are little more than deranged ramblings.

To me, your support of ‘Wed or Dead’ Robert only serves to further damage his credibility.

21. Robert, ex-pat Brit 2 Jun 2008, 11:08am

Bill, thank you. SMC, I don’t post comments to make people like me nor do I need the adulation that you thrive on from others. You can brow beat and put on the superior tone all you want, I see right through it and so do others. You fool nobody. Thank you for casting more aspersions and intimations as to my compliance with UK tax laws. “So noted”.

22. Gary Waters 2 Jun 2008, 9:53pm

Robert, you tax cheat, shame on you. And Bill, you nut job, shame on you. And Sister Mary, showing up these two for the two freaks they are with clever argument, (Bill and Robert are clearly the same person!), shame on you.

23. Sister Mary Clarence 3 Jun 2008, 1:20am