Ken warns of BNP seat on London Assembly

1. John Baker 2 Apr 2008, 7:59pm

Why does Pink News continue to post photos of only 4 candidates, even when their own poll shows that more Pink News readers will vote for the Left List than the Greens?This bias is starting to get tiresome and obvious.

2. I have to say I agree with John Baker. If you are going to show photos of the candidates you should show them all rather than “select” the most Politcally Correct ones.On the BNP, the last time I looked they were a perfectly legal political party and people have just as much right to vote for the BNP as anyone else? Remember the time when in Northern Ireland we were not allowed to hear the voice of McGuinness etc from Sinn Fein, yet now they sit in government there.As far as I can see the BNP, on many issues, are only reflecting what many people now believe and have been proved right only this week by saying exactly what the Lord’s Report has just said itself, that is “immigration has not been beneficial to this country and should be capped”. Funny then how so much of previously BNP policy is suddenly becoming mainstream?This isn’t Zimbabwe and I’m afraid we cannot ban parties simply because we don’t like what they are saying.

3. Sister Mary Clarence 2 Apr 2008, 9:42pm

Oh, look John a kindred spirit wading in to offer you a bit of support.Blimey looks like the BNP and the looney Left List aren’t so far apart after all.

4. William - Dublin 2 Apr 2008, 9:58pm

“Remember the time when in Northern Ireland we were not allowed to hear the voice of McGuinness etc from Sinn Fein, yet now they sit in government there.”The reason for this, Roberto, is that Martin and his pals were, at the time, bombing the crap out of innocent people, shooting knees off young men, and generally taking part in bit of harmless organised crime.Its only when Sinn Fein gave up the gun (but not the organised crime, it seems) were they allows to be entered into civilised democratic society. So don’t paint them as the oppressed banned party…. there’s no place for a political party with its own army.And by your statement “I’m afraid we cannot ban parties simply because we don’t like what they are saying”, does this mean we should allow a resurrected Nazi party to emerge unchecked? I hope you still agree when you’re wearing the pink triangle again…

5. Sister Mary Clarence 2 Apr 2008, 11:28pm

“Why does Pink News continue to post photos of only 4 candidates, even when their own poll shows that more Pink News readers will vote for the Left List than the Greens?”In answer to your question John, its probably because in reality these four will gain the most votes. The far left and the far right parties are a completely wasted vote.

6. Well Boris may not want to be associated with the BNP, but they obviously feel that he’s close enough to their ideals to link up with. I agree with them.Boris will win because Brian (who has no chance of winning) will take votes from Ken.

7. Freespeech Equality. Two great social concepts. However I find it rare that the BNP uses one to promote the other (unless using the Animal Farm definition of “Some are more ‘equal’than others”)

8. John Baker 3 Apr 2008, 2:15pm

Lindsey German beat the Greens and the BNP last time for your information. She even beat them on this very website not long ago.And no doubt the person ‘supporting’ my comment is a BNP troll which I obviously do not want to be associated with. He has more in common with your way of thinking and probably doesn’t like those pesky Muslims either.It’s somewhat ironic that the mainstream parties are apparently moderate in your eyes and the parties on the left opposing war, homophobia and poverty are the ‘extreme’ ones. Says an awful lot about your mentality.

9. Sister Mary Clarence 3 Apr 2008, 4:27pm

“And no doubt the person ‘supporting’ my comment is a BNP troll which I obviously do not want to be associated with. He has more in common with your way of thinking …” Odd then that he should be choosing to voice his support for you and not me then matey.“It’s somewhat ironic that the mainstream parties are apparently moderate in your eyes and the parties on the left opposing war”. I taking it you’re not talking about the class war that Respect seems to be trying to ignite.Perhaps you can clarify – what I never really understand about all this class war, revolution, manning the barricades nonsense is, if someone manages to pull themselves out of poverty and start to make a better life for themselves, do they then become the enemy as well or will they always be ‘one of the boys’ because they have known poverty and suffering?Take George for example, Mr Galloway is all for redistribution of wealth, when its other people’s, but he’s happily been amassing a personal stash from his litigation, TV appearances, litigation, radio programmes, litigation, newspaper columns and articles and er, litigation. He might buy a round of drinks now and then, but not entirely sure that qualifies strictly as redistribution of wealth. So, George then, class traitor, or good ol’ boy?

10. I thought ken liked fascists, or is it just Islamic ones?

11. David Griff 9 Apr 2008, 1:39am

Well, Sister Mary, Marx always saw people that striving to move up the class system as simply misguided; he blamed the rich for making them believe it was the only way out of poverty, part of the “false class consciousness” that keeps capitalism in place. Feudalism was rejected because the poor saw no benefit, capitalism is like improved feudalism because the proletariat can see benefit if they see people moving up. So that would be Marx’s thinking but a lot of people in favour of socialism now have sort of distorted the things that Marx has said, so I don’t know what their answer would be.

12. David Griff 9 Apr 2008, 1:41am

Galloway is a class traitor though because he’s whole heartedly embraced the capitalist ideal of profit for profits sake, instead of just wanting to leave poverty which is a natural want…where as capitalism isnt natural so neither are its ideals

13. Well it’s pretty typical of a leftie site like this to lean with Ken wherever possible. The bias of the gay press is blinding. I have mentioned this subject and my opinions before and the enlightened editorial banned me. So much for free speech. As Roberto said, you start banning parties and muting what people say, it’s the thin end of a very big wedge. I for one go along with a lot of BNP’s policies which were at one time seen as radical, divisive and politically incorrect, but are now being reviewed as people are frankly sick to the back teeth of immigrants taking over our country.Ask the average indigenous white person their opinion in private, and I guarantee you, almost every one to a man or woman will say they are sick of foreigners. That is not a racist statement, it is one of people seeing their country, their customs and their heritage destroyed in front of their eyes by people who just want money and don’t give a toss about how they achieve it.