‘Obama Girl’ wants Hillary Clinton out of Presidential race

1. elizabeth veldon 28 Mar 2008, 3:10pm

I’m confused: why’s this on Pink News? Have I missed something?

2. why do you continue your Hillary bashing and publishing all negative Hillary stories? Remember women are pivotal in gay peoples fight for recognition and equality, and we should pay back by supporting this fabulous woman for the most powerful job in the world. Don’t disguise her candidacy as a “third Clinton-term”. The true revolution here is that a woman finally has the chance to become the leader of the free world, and GAY PEOPLE SHOULD SUPPORT HILLARY, not bash her!!!!!!!STOP BASHING HILLARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. William - Dublin 31 Mar 2008, 4:24pm

Martin, you assume we all care what happens over in the states. You’re problem over there is with your society, not your leaders.

4. I am Danish and live in Denmark, and I am sick and tired of the sexist Hillary bashing that goes on in Britain and Scandinavia! Hillary will be a wonderful president.I love Hillary!

5. William - Dublin 1 Apr 2008, 6:39pm

Er, Martin, is “love” not a little too strong of an emotion for Hilary? Here’s a mad idea:- Get out more, get a new hobby, or perhaps a partner… and you might be able to move beyond your slightly neurotic obsession with the US nomination race, and event which is of fleeting interesting at best.

6. Robert, ex-pat Brit 1 Apr 2008, 7:25pm

Martin as a transplanted Brit living in the U.S. 9 months of the year, I can assure you, Hillary Clinton is no big deal. She doesn’t believe in full equality, neither does her oppononent Obama. Both are corporatists and both will kow-tow to whatever is to their advantage, even when it comes to shafting the LGBT voting block. I will concede they are better than anything the other side has to offer but the actual differences between all do very little to distinguish them that much.

7. Bill Perdue 2 Apr 2008, 12:24am

Martin, Robert is right. Hillary Clinton is so far to the right that if she were English she’d be comfortable in the Conservative Party, home of reactionary vermin like Thatcher and Major. I’m not kidding, it’s true; she is that bad. She’s a christian cultist who shares their bigoted views about same sex marriage with rancid rightwingers like Cameron and Paisley. She sat on the Board of Directors of Wal-Mart, arguably the most anti-labor corporation in the US, for six years. Pat Robertson, the bible fascist, says “Well she’s– tacking to the right as hard as she can tack. And– you know Hillary’s got some good points.” Rupert Murdoch, the man who exemplifies the neo in neo-Nazi , contributed $100,000.00 to Hillary’s campaign. If you’re against the GLBT equality agenda, for the war and against unions go right ahead and support her, because that what your support means.

8. Here is another mad idea, William. Get cosmetic surgery – you Irish are not exactly known for good looks, eh? Now I know a brain transplant would be necessary as well. And Robert: How old fashioned to think that you know more about the debate in the US just because you live there! I spend at least two hours a day following American politics, and I know that Obama had a stupid “reformed” gay man on tour with him in the south to get the conservativ votes there. If you think any presidential candidate right now flat out could say that she is in favour of gay marriage, you need a brain transplant as well!And Bill: Hillarys health care reform covers every single American – all experts agree that Obamas plan would leave at least 15 million Americans out. What makes Hillary right wing?Oh my God – what a bonanza for for brain surgents (and a couple of cosmetic surgents) on the British Isles!Remember, the vikings once came and “took” you – we can come again if you don’t behave ;p… and I WILL LOVE HILLARY FOREVER!(in a couple of years you will know I was right. Of course)

9. William - Dublin 2 Apr 2008, 9:51am

Excellent post there Martin. You’re clearly a nut. Run along now, I’m sure your mother has your meds ready for you.

10. Robert, ex-pat Brit 2 Apr 2008, 5:21pm

Martin, without my having to stoop to insults as you are apt to do, for your information neither Clinton’s or Obamas health care reform are worth their salt. For one thing, Clinton’s plan compels everyone to buy their own health insurance, Obama’s doesn’t. Further, both candidates are corporatists as previously stated who are fully in support of for-profit, greed-ridden, unscrupulous insurance companies that have crippled the delivery of health care in the U.S. Why would any sane politician want to continue to buy into an already corrupt and broken system? Insurance companies blatantly discriminate against people with pre-existing countries and often deny coverage for often life-threatening conditions in the name of profit and out of control premiums. Insurance companies have NO business in the delivery of health care, no other modern industrialised country operates this way. It should also not be incumbent on employers to provide health care either. Under both their plans, the situation is not going to change. Why should any of us who pay taxes in the U.S. have to dig deep in our pockets and pay for our own coverage, affordable or not? Neither of them address the issue of medicare for the elderly, a fine government sponsored, single payer system that has served the elderly very well and which could be offered to everyone with some refinements and streamlining and at a much lower cost of 3% of the national budget and wherein nobody is denied coverage for whatever procedure or care they need that insurance companies refuse to cover. Its a national disgrace and both candidates should be ashamed of themselves. When they retire, they and their families receive free health care at our expense.As for their not supporting full marriage equality, that’s a pretty lame excuse you offer. Tell me how and why the national leaders of Canada, Spain, Holland, Belgium and South Africa were able to do it and of late, the leaders of Norway and Sweden without political fallout? Clinton and Obama are nothing more than spineless, political expedients and not that much different from McCain and other moderate republicans.

11. Robert, ex-pat Brit 2 Apr 2008, 5:28pm

Martin, another thing, you seem to paint all Irish people with the same brush as well as insult them. I’ve met many wonderful, good looking Irishmen and women in my lifetime, no race holds the monopoly on good looks or ugliness. That was not a nice thing you said to William and to every Irish man or woman.Update to my previous comment..”Insurance companies blatantly discriminate against people with pre-existing countries and often deny coverage for often life-threatening conditions in the name of profit and out of control premiums.” I meant pre-existing conditions….my error and my apology.