Fundamentalist Christian poster breached advert code

1. Robert, ex-pat Brit 6 Feb 2008, 2:39pm

Maybe these socalled “christians” should recruit the help of the demon squad in the vatican. Check out the link below, more lunacy!

2. Robert, ex-pat Brit 6 Feb 2008, 4:59pm

To think in this day and age wherein the genome has been discovered, stem cell research is underway, animal cloning, medical breakthroughs, interplanetary exploration, the list is endless…. that people such as this cling to such medieval beliefs. They believe that Adam and Eve were the first parents which would imply that their progeny would have had to have committed incest to people the earth, or that a bone was taken from Adam’s hip to create woman and the devil existed in the form of a serpent; and now the Vatican’s demon squads to cast out the devil. What a primitive mindset these people subscribe to. How on earth are we abolishing the family just because we have some rights of marriage but can’t procreate which is what this is all about? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! Their insanity is mindboggling.

3. World of Twist 6 Feb 2008, 6:17pm

Excellent posts RobertXP, my you are on form tonight, needless to say I totally agree.Interesting article occurring on the guardian at the moment by James Jones.Just wait for the Xtian homophobes to make an appearance.

4. Robert, ex-pat Brit 6 Feb 2008, 6:49pm

World of Twist, thanks. I’ll check Jones’ article out. Omar, I too sometimes slide into American usage of English having lived here since 1978 when it was a far more progressive society than most others, but I have to keep coming back to the old country several times a year to get back into the swing of things. I miss it terribly.

5. Using Gay Liberation Front literature to rubbish the view of modern gay rights organisations like Stonewall is in my view like using Animal Liberation Front literature to say that the RSPCA are a bunch of thugsJoanna

6. Omar Kuddus Gayasylum uk 6 Feb 2008, 8:24pm

And that is why I shall be seeing you in court as it breached my civil and EU rights.Especially as CCTV did not even have the decency to apologise privately or publicly, for its actions or for distress caused. It is time that institutions, including Religious Organisations realised that homophobia has no part in society and that as an individual my sexuality has no price nor a compromise.

7. Robert, ex-pat Brit 6 Feb 2008, 8:47pm

Joanna, Stonewall, the UK’s leading Gay rights organisation should and must be involved with asylum seekers, among other things. It is unconscionable that they refuse to help when you consider one of its co-founders, Sir Ian McClellan has often spoken out on the appalling abuse of human and civil rights for Gay people everywhere and marriage too. Outrage is the only organisation that is doing anything, that in and of itself is an outrage. This “I’m alright Jack”, to hell with you” attitude by many in the Gay community doesn’t cut it any more. It stinks!

8. Omar Kuddus 6 Feb 2008, 8:51pm

Robert, though I go back to the Sates so many times a year, I myself have lived (and Born)here for a few decades and tend to slip up really, but apparently in this case I did and did not seem to realise, that I had. I personally could not see what the fuss is about, (especially as sometimes it is hard to make out what some “comments” are trying to say” and especially as my previous remarks made my point clear.) especially as if one reads the comments it cannot possibly be taken to mean anything other than what it said. But then people like to get to me whenever they possibly can, as none of their arguments are substantiated by hard facts, as you will have noticed. My primary concern at present is the CCTV, as I have had enough of religion trying to force its views upon my life and tell me how I should live it.And until I can, or rather be able to, challenge the government, for my right to “marry” rather than form a civil partnership, it allows me to make my stand, as I shall not have the time to do so, later on.Please do also keep sending Links Re; Iran/ Asylum down to the group page (yahoo group gayasylum) or my email (gayasylum@yahoo.co.uk) as we are still having problems and had to get the authorities involved to try and find out who the culprits are that is restricting our efforts.

9. RobertI an the Transgender Officer for PCS Proud – the LGBT section of the Public and Commercial Services Union, and we have for a long time been speaking out in support for fair treatment for LGBT asylum seekers.The plight of transgendered Iraqis is particularly harrowing – unlike gay men or lesbian women who could possibly choose to “blend in” to avoid unwanted scrutiny, transgender people have to wholly deny their identity or else suffer the most appalling reprisals, which are blatantly ignored by all the authorities. Nobody (LGB, T or straight) should have to deny their very identity of course, no matter who they are, to avoid being the target of hate crime.

10. Omar Kuddus 6 Feb 2008, 10:14pm

Joanna, please contact me at Gayasylum@yahoo.co.uk and visit our group page at Yahoo groups; gayasylum.Or web sight has been subject to targeting of viruses constantly and down by be back and running by the end of the week.We should have lots to discuss in common.Regards

11. Dominick J. 7 Feb 2008, 3:26am

GAY AIM and all other Sane people:Abolish the Religious Right and send them to HELL!

12. Robert, ex-pat Brit 7 Feb 2008, 1:17pm

Omar, thank you. I will certainly keep you posted regarding events in Iran.

13. Robert, ex-pat Brit 7 Feb 2008, 1:19pm

JOanna, I am glad that you and PCS proud are involved and committed to the plight of Gay Iranians. Keep up the work you do, it is very important and vital.

14. Robert, ex-pat Brit 7 Feb 2008, 1:22pm

Omar, aren’t the IT people who manage the website not taking care of viral attacks et al? With firewalls and routers in place, its very difficult to get past any of them unless the perpetrator is a hacker and can write strings of lethal computer language. There is the possibility of course that someone from Iran or the islamic world might be responsible, but I suspect it is homegrown. Peter Tatchell had similar experiences some time ago as did UK Gay News. Obviously, whoever is doing it doesn’t like the truth being divulged. If hackers can compromise the CIA’s computer network, anyone can.

15. OMAR KUDDUS 18 Feb 2008, 5:23pm

Robert.No the whole system is corrupted and having to have new installed. It could not come at a worse time, as the following shows. But I will not give up, to whomever it was either Iranian or home grown.Lives are important to save.TO EVERYONE;This is a plea to save an Iranian young man who is to be deported back to the UK from the Netherlands, under the Dublin treaty.Mahdi has already been refused asylum in the UK and shall certainly face horrific torture and most likely execution if the British government is allowed to send him back to Iran.A campaign must be started to prevent this from happening, especially as the young lad had already suffered and is now going on a hunger strike.Your support, and advice is requested as if we in the west allow this fellow homosexual man to be executed, then we are no better than those who actually perpetrate the crime, for sexuality is as much a fundamental right as any other.I implore you, to make your voice heard as it can and shall make a difference.Please help and support this young man who has gone through hell and back and faces certain punishment if not worse if he is returned to Iran, due to the barbaric regime and his well publicised case. I would appreciate any suggestions, and feel that a campaign is immediately mounted to draw attention to this matter and save the deportation. Please do not let another fellow Homosexual human being suffer just for his sexuality that we take for granted in the West.This case needs as much media and individual pressure as possible and your help and assistance is requested. Further information on Madias case can be found on the Web and also under my name, if you need further background.PLEASE, PLEASE do not let the British Government send another Iranian to his death.Yours Sincerely Omar KuddusI have just received this email from Mahdis Uncle.Dear All, I had a call from Mehdi this morning 18/02/08 11.00 am UK time, He informed me that he is due to be deported to the UK on the 26th Feb 2008. from Schiphol ( Amsterdam Airport ) 8:00am local time to Heathrow ( London airport) i would imaging 8.30am local time. He is in a very depressive mood and they had to put him on a suicide watch. He is planning to go on hunger strike, he told me and I am extremely worried about him. Any suggestion please. Best regardsSaeed.

16. Robert, ex-pat Brit 18 Feb 2008, 7:03pm

Omar, this is really terrible. Have you been in touch with Amnesty International? They’re based in London. I think they might be able to help. If we deport him back to Iran and he is executed, our government will be directly complicit in his death. We should all be outraged and do whatever we can to stop this from happening. I’m sure Peter Tatchell is aware and will probably get involved, if not already. Stonewall could help, but it refuses to get involved, disgraceful to say the least. You’d think with Sir Ian McKellen as their founding member they would intervene. Sir Ian if anyone could probably move mountains.

17. OMAR KUDDUS 19 Feb 2008, 10:12am

Robert send me your email address (if you like), and I will send all the info regarding Mahdi and his case. It is also on my web/group page.My heart really goes out for this kid, and what you say about the British Government is correct.I’m going to also do a petition to Downing Street.I flatly refuse this kid to be sent back to Iran.I have sent and highlighted this case to every gay website in England and the US that I can get hold of as this needs our support.Haven’t done Amnesty international as yet, but gays without borders and lots others have been informed.I haven’t discussed a plan with Peter as yet as I was too upset and trying to come up with my own agenda and actions yesterday. More later. Gayasylum@yahoo.co.uk

18. OMAR KUDDUS 19 Feb 2008, 4:00pm

STONEWALLS REPLY RE MADHI:Dear Omar, Thanks for getting in touch. Stonewall are not expert in matters of asylum claims or international LGBT rights. In fact, our remit under the Charity Commission is limited to England , Scotland and Wales . Given that we are not experts in the matter, we do not lead campaigns on gay asylum seekers or help in individual cases. Instead, we defer to the following organizations who do work specifically in this area and are able to advise further: The UK Lesbian and Gay Immigration Group: 0207 922 7811, info@uklgig.org.uk.Asylum Aid: 020 7377 5123, info@asylumaid.org.uk Joint Council for Welfare of Immigrants: 020 7251 8708, info@jcwi.org.ukRefugee Legal Centre: 020 7780 3200, Advice Line: 020 7780 3220, rlc@refugee-legal-centre.org.ukThe International Gay and Lesbian Association (ILGA): http://www.ilga.orgThe International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Coalition: Human Rights Watch, LGBT campaign: http://www.hrw.org/lgbt, lgbt@hrw.org We are aware that there can be problems when gay people seek asylum in the UK and then face the prospect of being sent back to a country where it is not safe for them to be. This is indeed a matter of concern, and it is one which we intend to keep an eye on. As I have said though, we are certainly not experts in this field and as such do not campaign on the issue.I do hope that this information is helpful.Kind regards, Helen WardInformation Officer Was this information useful? Send your comments, complaints and suggestions to info@stonewall.org.uk, or fill in the attached feedback form

19. Robert, ex-pat Brit 19 Feb 2008, 4:57pm

OMAR, my email address is: robertocucina@earthlink.netStonewall‘s reply to you was interesting but expected. You might want to contact Amnesty International too, can’t hurt.

20. Gary Waters 19 Feb 2008, 5:00pm

Are you the SAME Omar Kuddus mentioned in this story?

21. Omar Kuddus 19 Feb 2008, 5:29pm

Gary Waters . If you read or have been a part of this blogs for any time, the question does not even have to be answered.No, im not, as said before, same name different person.I try and save Peoples lives and have been doing for years and my credentials can be verified by any major activist or group/ organisation that know what I do.And quite frankly at present im more interested in trying to help and save Madi from certain execution.What you up to?

22. Omar Kuddus 19 Feb 2008, 5:32pm

Robert I have as Peter is too unwell to do anything at the moment.Ill send everything i have on Madhi later to your email address.Regards

23. Robert, ex-pat Brit 19 Feb 2008, 7:22pm

Omar, thank you, look forward to the information on Mahdi.

24. Bill Perdue 19 Feb 2008, 10:04pm

‘Gary Waters’ popped up out of nowhere and played the Judas goat trying to discredit an honest activist. The tactic of mudslinging has been used on many of us and it doesn’t matter whether its origins lie with agents of the Iranian ayatollahs government or rightwing trolls. Nothing these vermin say should divert us from helping in the campaign to prevent the torture and murder of yet another young Iranian. Please help out by sending a letter of protest or a plea concerning Mehdi Kazemi to the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Division of Aliens, Visas the Movement of Persons, Migration and Alien Affairs Department (DPV/VV). contact…egalisatie.html. Ask them to save the life of Mehdi Kazemi by granting him asylum in the Nethelands and appealing their decision to the EU Courts for emergency relief in this matter. Mehdi left England fearing deportation and went to the Netherlands, whose government plans to deport him on the 26th. Please send a note to them about this.The English Home Office is likely to deport him to Iran where he’ll be tortured and murdered. Below is part of his story as published in ukgaynews. Go to for the full story. The comments below are abridged. By Mehdi”The following was written by a 19-years-old gay Iranian who tells how, while he was a student in London, his boyfriend back home was executed for being gay. Mehdi says he was scared of returning home and meeting the same fate when his student visa expired last year – and of his asylum application to the Home Office. His article is based on his written statement accompanying the application from last year. Parts have been deleted for his safety and are clearly shown. A few minor corrections have been made to his English for reasons of clarity and are indicated in italics.I am an Iranian national, was born on [deleted] 1988, in Tehran. I am Shia Muslim. I have one sister. I have lived all my life with my parents and sister until I came to the UK [in September] 2005. My father made all arrangements for me to come to the UK to study. I was granted six months student visa until March 2006. In February 2006, I decided to continue my studies and extended my student visa until November 2006.When I was in Iran I did not have any problems. However, I used to have a male partner whom I used to meet secretly. I was 15 years old when I started dating one of my class mates in school. His name was Parham. He was also Iranian and we used to spend a lot of time together. I had just turned 15 years of age when I found out that I was sexually attracted men. I was very scared of this feeling and did not tell anyone about it. Parham was my best friend and one day he told me that he was attracted towards men and not women. When he told me that I started feeling comfortable with him and decided to tell him that I felt the same, we were 15 years of age when we decided to start our relationship. We used to meet everyday in school and sometimes out side school, in cinema or park. We started having sex about eight months after dating each other. We used to meet either in his house or my house when there was no one around. No one knew about our relationship. Everyone believed that we were best friends and nothing more than that. Very rarely did he visit our house. My parents knew him as I used to spend a lot of time with him. We were very scared of our relationship. But I had strong feeling towards him and could not stop meeting him. We had decided to keep our relationship a secret. We continued our relationship as I knew that if any one from the government had found out about our relationship we would be executed.When I came to the UK, I was in touch with him via email. We used to email each other almost once a week. He used to tell me that the situation in Iran is getting worse and there is more restriction on people and we used to write about general issues. We missed each other a lot and I wanted to return Iran at the end of my studies. Around December 2005, Parham stopped emailing me. I wrote about two three emails to him but he did not reply. I thought that this was maybe because he was outside Tehran or did not have access to internet. Towards the end March 2006, my uncle in the UK called me and informed me that my father had called and informed him about my male partner in Iran. He further informed me that Parham was arrested by the authorities in Iran and he had mentioned my name to the government of Iran. The authorities had been to my father’s house looking for me and my father was very shocked and scared about the whole situation. My uncle is an opened minded man and has lived in the UK most of his life and was not angry with me about this issue, as I had expected him to be. He told me that I must try to find a way for me to stay in the UK as my life would be in danger if I had return to Iran. He told me that I must wait for his call.I was thinking about Parham. I was very sad and scared for my life. I waited for my uncle to figure out a way to save my life as I knew that if I return to Iran I will be killed. A week later my uncle called me and asked me to explain the whole situation to him. He told me that he would not be able to help if I didn’t tell him full and true story. I decided to tell him everything. We discussed that whole issue and I told him that I was very sacred of my father and the government of Iran. My uncle told me that he will get more information from Iran and will keep me informed.Around end of April 2006, my uncle called me again and told me that my father had informed him that the authorities had executed Parham – and that I must not return to Iran as the authorities would do the same to me. I asked my uncle how the authorities found out that Parham was homosexual. My uncle told me that he was caught with another guy and was arrested. He was interrogated and asked to tell the authorities about all the men that he relationship with and he had mentioned my name to the authorities.Parham was charged with crime of being homosexual and was executed. Iran is an Islamic country and it is a serious offence to be in a relationship with a person of the same sex. I wish to inform secretary of state that I did not come to the UK to claim asylum. I came here to study and return to my country. But in the past few months my situation back home has changed. The Iranian authorities have found out that I am a homosexual and they are looking for me. I can not stop my attraction towards men.This is something that I will have to live with the rest of my life. I was born like it and can not change this fact; but it is unfortunate that I can not express my feeling in Iran. If I return to Iran I will be arrested and executed like Parham.” Mehdi left England fearing deportation and went to the Netherlands, whose government plans to deport him on the 26th. Please send a note to them about this and ask your friends to do the same.

25. Joanna Rowland-Stuart 20 Feb 2008, 12:11pm

pcs proud has links with LGBT asylum seekers organisations and I will highlight this case with them today Stonewall are right they are a UK charity and campaign solely on UK LGBT issues A broader base of support is needed by involving the TUC and the international trade union movement

26. Dominick J. 20 Feb 2008, 3:38pm

Please help out by sending a letter of protest or a plea concerning Mehdi “Kazemi to the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Division of Aliens, Visas the Movement of Persons, Migration and Alien Affairs Department (DPV/VV). ” contact…egalisatie.html. ************************************Sorry folks I can not get the above link to work.Dominick J.

27. Bill Perdue 20 Feb 2008, 9:17pm

Try and on the left click the tab for “Contact Visas and Legalization”