Minister to attend Schools OUT conference

1. Malcolm Lidbury 2 Jan 2008, 7:05pm

Let us HOPE the minister watches this video… …on Institutional HOMOPHOBIC Bullying in Schools, Social Services, Youth Services…AND worst of ALL…the POLICE!

2. OMAR KUDDUS 2 Jan 2008, 8:16pm

Thank you Malcom PLEASE, PLEASE Lets all help out and email the video and link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W…h? v=WfecwvTx9rM) to the junior minister at the Department for Children, Schools and Families, Kevin Brennan, at brennennk@parliament.uk If it Peters story doesn’t deserve our support and bring a tear to your eye, shame on you.Please send the email, I have done all work for you you only have to press the send button.. Malcolm Lidbury: Let us HOPE the minister watches this video… .

3. Robert, ex-pat Brit 2 Jan 2008, 9:26pm

Malcolm, thank you for posting that youtube piece. Maybe the Cardinal of Westminster and others would benefit from viewing it to see the kind of thing that happens to gay youth and adults alike when public figures villify and denigrate our lives by hateful speech that incites homophobia to thrive and homophobic attacks and bullying to persist. Its an outrage, the entire country should be up in arms. I’m thoroughly disgusted and angry.

4. OMAR KUDDUS 2 Jan 2008, 10:39pm

Peter, if you are reading this, having watched your story on youtube, highlighted by Malcolm Lidbury, it makes our problem seem so insignificant in comparison, when such things happen to gays youths in this country, whom just don’t know how to access their statutory rights or are granted them, due to their sexuality.I have not stopped crying, and believe me after years of our struggling it takes some doing for me to get to that stage.We wish you every susses in your life and I can only apologise, as a fellow human being, that is at present ashamed, to be British.

5. OmarPlease do not publish people’s phone numbers.ThanksTony Grew

6. Omar Kuddus 3 Jan 2008, 1:48pm

Sorry wont do in future.

7. Peter Midwood 4 Feb 2008, 6:01pm

I am peter refered to in the video….Thank you Mr Kuddus for your kind comment.There is a Sirious homphobic problem in schools everwhere but worst of all i imagine by my own expirences that cornwall could be the worst.

8. World of Twist 4 Feb 2008, 6:38pm

Hello Peter,your story has touched all our hearts here, Omar is right, only the most flinty hearted of individuals would fail to shed a tear on watching that film.Like Robert XP I’m totally disgusted with Cornwall services who seem to be totally devoid of any humanity whatsoever.I hope after being horribly let down by those evil; homophobes that you have been able to find happiness in your life.I think it admirable your concern that other young and vulnerable people should not suffer in the same fashion as you undoubtedly did.All my loveW.xx