Gay icon Paris Hilton given prison sentence

1. Paris Hilton is a gay icon? Not on my planet.

2. Dominick J. DI Noto 5 May 2007, 11:43pm

Gay icon or not, she should be given a prison sentence. The lady did wrong, TWICE, and now needs to pay the price!

3. Paris Hilton has contributed zero $ to the LGBT community. She is a media wh**e with no talent, who sucks the blood and money from everyone she encounters. PH is not a LGBT icon.

4. Paris Hilton is a spoilt brat who believes that she can do whatever she likes with a total disregard for all around her, including the law. This short spell of incarcaration will have little or no effect on her behaviour. Maybe she should be made serve a minimum of 5 years in the armed forces and have her access to civy street her money cut off for the duration. She should have to live strive like the rest of us. She is not, never will be, a “Gay” icon. we can do better than her.

5. Does Perez Hilton have SO much influence that any celebutard he relentlessly promotes is automatically a gay icon?If it weren’t for this gay man, the rest of the LGBT community wouldn’t pay attention to Paris for a second.

6. elizabeth veldon 6 May 2007, 5:32pm

gay icon? Who said so?I don’t even know menny(if, infact, any) Gay Men who can be botherd with her and then whhat does she meen to Lesbians, Bisexuals, Gender Trash…

7. George Broadhead 6 May 2007, 6:15pm

I am well aware that the likes of Judy Garland and Marlene Dietrich have been described as gay icons, but I have never heard of Paris Hilton, let alone the icon status she seems to have acquired.What are the qualifications for such a status, I wonder?

8. PinkNews editor 6 May 2007, 6:39pm

We use the term icon, with a pinch of salt. It’s supposed to be ironic. But she does have a large gay fan base in London. Even the great PinkNews has been infested with pro-Paris gays

9. Irony? Irony is the contrast between apparent and intended meaning – suggesting that actually Paris isn’t a gay icon.Paris is not an icon for me! Nor is she for a lot of gay men (outside of the Pink News office).

10. Major Biggles 7 May 2007, 11:13am

Sorry. I meant “Right, Bob”.

11. Major Biggles 7 May 2007, 11:13am

Right, Bog Gay icon? My ass!

12. Nick Weeks 7 May 2007, 2:10pm

Not only is Paris Hilton not a “gay icon”, but PinkNews does us a disservice by labelling her as such.I mean, really, next you’ll be putting interior decorating must-do’s on the news page.