“Bisexual football stars in gay orgy”- tabloid claims

1. Steve Pinder-Banthorpe 12 Feb 2006, 5:25pm

Torn between “well they are entitled to a private life and I wouldn’t want my bare arse spread over the tabloids (so to speak)” and, “WHO ARE THEY????!!!!!”

2. Chris Collins 12 Feb 2006, 5:56pm

Of course we would like to know who they are! I wouldn’t wish the public backlash on anyone but it would be great to have some gay role models in football. Once gay footballers are able to come out and be accepted we will know equality has arrived – but I think that day is a long way off.

3. You can learn who the players are by looking at other articles in the news of the world, a friend of mine who works there and has seen the pics has placed indicators in other soccer stories.

4. least two reasons: 1) When the gory details of straight players’ sexual exploits and skirt chasing are printed ad nauseam there is not a peep of complaint about privacy rights for public figures, and 2) How hypocritical to bitch about the News of the World’s coverage of the story by reprinting practically the whole story here. If it’s such an invasion of their privacy and it is so offensive to you then why reprint it? I’ll tell you why. It’s because officially I think Pinknews’ comments on the footballers’ rights to privacy are hypocritical for at you want to look self-righteous and politically correct but down deep inside you’re loving every minute of it. Tell me that no one at Pinknews has discussed whom these players and pop artist might be. Tell me that no one there has fantasized about, wondered aloud about and discussed the possible sexual acts and scenarios that were involved. Tell me that none of this has happened and I’ll call you a liar. Frankly, I’m more offended by the self-righteousness and hypocrisy of Pinknews than I am about tabloids doing what tabloids have ALWAYS done! If we really want to be treated equally then we can’t whine when we get the same treatment as straights in the tabloids. It was a racy story about a sex orgy involving sports superstars and a star in the music industry. You’re really shocked that a tabloid would seize on that? If there had been women involved no one, including you, would have said a word. In the long run equal exposure is a good thing.

5. Sorry ladies and gentlemen, my comment somehow got scrambled. I’ll reprint it correctly here. Hopefully the moderator will delete the screwed up version.I think Pinknews’ comments on the footballers’ rights to privacy are hypocritical for at least two reasons: 1) When the gory details of straight players’ sexual exploits and skirt chasing are printed ad nauseam there is not a peep of complaint about privacy rights for public figures, and 2) How hypocritical to bitch about the News of the World’s coverage of the story by reprinting practically the whole story here. If it’s such an invasion of their privacy and it is so offensive to you then why reprint it? I’ll tell you why. It’s because officially you want to look self-righteous and politically correct but down deep inside you’re loving every minute of it. Tell me that no one at Pinknews has discussed whom these players and pop artist might be. Tell me that no one there has fantasized about, wondered aloud about and discussed the possible sexual acts and scenarios that were involved. Tell me that none of this has happened and I’ll call you a liar. Frankly, I’m more offended by the self-righteousness and hypocrisy of Pinknews than I am about tabloids doing what tabloids have ALWAYS done! If we really want to be treated equally then we can’t whine when we get the same treatment as straights in the tabloids. It was a racy story about a sex orgy involving sports superstars and a star in the music industry. You’re really shocked that a tabloid would seize on that? If there had been women involved no one, including you, would have said a word. In the long run equal exposure is a good thing.

6. Paul Remillard 13 Feb 2006, 5:57pm

Two yobs and a charmless oik?They are not really part of credible ‘public life’, so who cares, other than unhealthily prurient types?Papers such as NoW have an obligation to trash scum like Oaten, but these ephemerides in ‘showbiz’ are of no account and in the ordinary scheme of things, should count for nothing.

7. why should it matter if they engaged in an orgy? this info is as irrelevant as sum1 cuming out and saying that the queen used to suck her thumb. IRRELEVANT

8. Are you surprized about this? How many soccer players do we have world wide. As far as I know none of them is out. Knowing that at least 10% of the world population is gay, it’d be incredible if none of the soccer players was gay, too. It is a matter of time that a wave of coming-outs of “straight” soccer players will overrush us.Guys, be proud of what you are, come out and don’t waste your lives by living a live which doesn’t reprazent you!

9. barry Salisbury 28 Feb 2006, 7:36am

“Straight” footballers have no problem, in publicly exploiting their sexual prowess. The negative reaction and backlash to gay footballers coming out, is to great.An example, go to a football match and hear the reaction of the crowd to opposing team players.

10. Simone Sylvester 28 Feb 2006, 9:35pm

well, personally im shocked!Dj Masterstepz was well respected in the music industry and to be involved in such a disgusting act is gross… he should’ve been honest with his fans, and at least they would know what they are supporting. As for Ashley Cole i just feel sorry for his chick….then again she’s prob. going to forgive him newayz to keep hold of her impending ‘footballers wife’ status!! How sad!!!Well done for outing them, no one believed me at first!!

11. “Dj Masterstepz was well respected in the music industry and to be involved in such a disgusting act is gross…” … you demand honesty but you’re still critical of his behavior? ….unless you’ve done the same thing (with the same model of mobile phone and same ringtone) I don’t think you should make assumptions on what type of experience it is.

12. And if I wasn’t so damn confused by your name, I would make a crack at YOUR sexuality… You really think an artist’s sexuality should dictate who supports them? Life must be so tough for you, living way back there in the 1930s and all.

13. Kriss Akubusi 3 Mar 2006, 12:55am

Awooga, 365 days per year.

14. Sorry but arent people missing the point? Surely the fact is that there is no evidence at all that these people are gay. Just like the Sol Campbell rumours these are nasty vindictive rumours to sell papers, or by opposition fans following a hate campaign. If you are trying to maintain a loving friendship with your female partner it is very unkind to have people from newspapers suggesting that you have been unfaithful, let alone with someone of a different sex as your partner. This is malicious liable, and it is different to accuse someone of being unfaithful, as to suggesting they are gay. One is regarding a decision you might have made, and the other about who you really are.

15. Comments about relevance / not in public interest: Gay role models are important to young gay people and same-sex relationships are still at the very least frowned upon, so a public figure’s sexual orientation is not really that private as they have a public role. Also it may not necessarily be in the public interest, but it is of interest to the public. Don’t forget that most public figures expose their sexual orientation by getting married, wearing wedding rings, being seen on the town with opposite sex partners etc. (Oh and then there’s Elton John and David Furnish of course)Comments that it must be hard having rumours spread by papers about unfaithfulness / same-sex sexual activity is hard on the people – yes I am sure it is, but these people also use the media to become celebrities and gain wealth through advertising contracts and personal ego boost via public adoration. Take the rough with the smooth. And I am sure Ashley Cole has plenty of cash to hire a good lawyer to take these papers to court.Lastly – Ashley Cole, wouldn’t you?

16. Just to lighten up a bit – what the heck IS THAT thing/liquid sticking/dribbling out of Cole’s mouth?

17. russ brownrigg 3 Mar 2006, 6:31pm

how boring are some peoples lives that they even care about two foot ballers, some people must have such boring lives they need to bitch or gossip about others…….yawn boring people , get a life!!!!!!!!!!!

18. I think it is their lives and who are we to try to tell them what to do and the Nor the W come to that had no busness disclosing this stroy as it is no ones busness but thers

19. abi bilesanmi 9 Mar 2006, 11:55am

I think it is about time that those cretins in the tabloid press get a serious reprimand for their largely homophobic stance. Ones sexuality is completely private and if two footballers are gay and have consentual sex with each other and/or other people. So what? The Sun and the NOW who claim to be the vanguards of the nation’s morality have continually spearheaded campaigns of homophobia, xenophobia and racism. About time these cretins are brought to book. A healthy financial penalty + costs would do the trick. And about time public stopped participating in this filth. These papers are the biggest selling written in English yet they pander to the lowest common denominator. If it fails to be commerially viable, they will stop it

20. if he wants to be gay then cool init. if they are theres no need to lie cause the truth always comes out in the end look whats happened now,its not our busy is it

21. why are they both trying to sue now. when the story broke out they was not named they still aint they are just bringing heat on themselfs specially masterstepz follow fashion

22. well i agree wid andy. theres no proof dat they r gay and even if they were, so wat??Masterstepz will alwaz b big in da music industry Ashley Cole will alwaz b gd at footballAnd 4 da people dat dnt even no hu dey r, click on da [X] button in da top right corner, ya gimme!!

23. stelios haji-ioannou 4 Jun 2006, 8:56am

Not Coming out because i am 100% not gay By Stelios Haji-Ioannou 4th June 2006 I am fed up with people calling me a Big Bubble Queen, what does that mean? I wish to make clear that like ashley cole i stelios haji-ioannou am definately not gay in any way at all i have had many high profile relationships with real women such as danny minogue my legal policy with regard to my legal policy. I am sure you will understand that i, stelios haji-ioannou cannot permit others to use my family name and the smear campaign i have had to endure without the certainty that i will sue the person or publication for libel due to rights in my character and family name being prejudiced. It follows that no use should be made of the stelios haji-ioannou name (or anything similar to it) and if any smear relating to gay or homosexual practices is made you will be punished to the full extent of the law. And in addition i will seek damages and compensation. the though of being gay repulses me and has brought a great deal of shame and embarrisement to my family especially as it is not true. i have nothing against gays or lesbians personally and i do not wish to offend anyone at all please do not misunderstand me i employ many gays but i will sue anyone who calls me a homosexual stelios@easygroup.co.uk